Chapter 22: The Storm at Jade Forest Mountain

"I'm not worried about that." Zhu Yao sighed. "I'm just worried about you using a Foundation Pellet. I heard from master that, cultivation goes against the laws of nature in the first place, using medicine to elevate one's level of cultivation, will only bring temporary effects, and it cannot be considered as one's actual abilities, even if one gains strength for a short period of time. But, comparing the usage of external aid and of one's own abilities, using one's abilities is much more dependable. Master himself had never used any medicinal pellets to elevate his level of cultivation."

Wang Xuzhi went silent for a moment. He knew of this logic as well. There were always side-effects to using medicinal pellets, even if they were not that obvious in the early stages, once one reached the later stages, he would encounter a bottleneck. However, compared to that, everyone had habitually relied on medicinal pellets to supplement and increase their success rates in building their Foundation, hence, he had not thought in that direction.

"Big sister Zhu Yao is right. I have to rely on my own abilities to build my Foundation."

"You have promise, young man!" Zhu Yao satisfyingly patted on his shoulders. She felt extremely happy that this spoiled brat had learnt to care about her and listen to her words. "Of course, if you're really unable to endure it, use medicinal pellets when you have to. After all, all hope will be lost if you die."

"Mn, Xuzhi understands."

So obedient. So caring. As I thought, I did not care for you for nothing.

"Oh right, big sister Zhu Yao, what's your current level of cultivation?"

She instantly fell onto the ground.

Zhu Yao held onto her glass heart and silently looked away. Did you have to stab her in the heart like this?

Seeing that her expression was not that good, Wang Xuzhi muttered out. "I was not able to see through big sister Zhu Yao's cultivation level, so I thought it was because your cultivation level was higher than mine, could it be..." His expression was momentarily in a slight panic, as he immediately began to remedy his words. "Big sister Zhu Yao, it... it wasn't intentional. I didn't know you have yet to take in spiritual energy... Don't be mad at me. If I had known that you don't even have a single bit of spiritual energy in you, I wouldn't have brought it up. Don't be anxious, taking in spiritual energy is actually really simple, back then, I learnt it in a single night. I..."

Stab. Stab. Stab. Zhu Yao simply felt a couple of daggers stabbing right through her heart. She could no longer restrain herself from covering the big mouth of the person who was anxiously trying to explain himself. Gritting her teeth, she said. "Can you stop?"

This little twerp is intentionally making fun of me, right!? Don't think just because you have gotten bigger, I don't dare to spank you.

Deep in the night, so as to not get pissed to death by the little twerp who disguised himself as a pure and innocent young man, Zhu Yao quickly kicked him out of Jade Forest Mountain.

As Wang Xuzhi rubbed his buttocks which were hurting from the kick, he waved his hand, and shouted. "You have to definitely come and watch my matches!" Only then did he reluctantly return as he was chased away by countless celestial cranes from the mountain.

Watch his match? How? She had to at least be able to leave to do so. If not for her master having to leave to reinforce the formation due to the Inter-Sect Tournament, Wang Xuzhi that little bastard might not have been able to enter the mountain in the first place. Haah, as she thought, a little bastard would always stay as a little bastard. No matter how pure and well-behaved he looked, it would not change his bastard personality. Zhu Yao had decided that, she would not be replying his letters for three months.