Chapter 187: The Gradually Rising Bug

She took out a cotton fabric from her storage pouch, and laid it on a huge rock under the tree. Gathering her godly energy, she started drawing on it, pondering as she continued to draw. After a little while, she finished, and then passed it to over. "This is the formation that sent us out of the Nether Abyss back then, memorize it. If something happens... You can use it to again to get yourself out." This was the exit diagram that was formed by the guidance of that annoying "Three Realms Navigation System" back then. Afterwards, she studied it a little, and found out that it was similar to a formation used to shatter void and space. Although she was confident of Shao Bai, there's no harm in being prepared.

Shao Bai held onto the piece of cotton fabric, his hands seemed to be trembling a little. "This..."

"Don't ask me how I know of this formation." Zhu Yao interrupted him. "In any case, I can't clearly explain it. Hold onto it."

Only then did Shao Bai keep it, treating it like a treasure, and gave her a heavy nod.

Afterwards, he conversed with her a little while more, pushed a storage pouch into her hands, before leaving reluctantly.

Zhu Yao thought that he would give her some protection-related mystic tools, but after opening the pouch, she saw that it was filled with melon seeds, dried fruits, and various other snacks.

The hell, you're really treating me as a child, huh!?

After Shao Bai left, Zhu Yao's worry grew. She faintly felt that something was about to happen, and feelings of anxiety and worry came pouring in from nowhere, no matter what she did, she couldn't calm herself down. This was the first time she felt such restlessness. She clearly knew that this was strange, but no matter what, she couldn't calm herself down.

"No need to worry." Even Yue Gu couldn't bear to watch any longer. "Shao Bai is different from the other phoenixes. With his abilities, safeguarding the Nether Abyss is an easy feat."

The corner of Zhu Yao's lips twitched. "Teacher, can you speak after placing the melon seed down?"

There's simply no persuasiveness behind your words if you're nibbling on a melon seed while talking about such serious matters, alright?

Yue Gu's hands paused for a moment, and obediently placed the melon seed down. He then picked up the dried fruit at the side. "Shao Bai is the only God among the four races who had come back alive from that place, this is a feat that not even the Gods in the ancient era could accomplish. From this, it can be seen how powerful his abilities are."

"..." Haah, she just knew that the things that were prepared for her by Shao Bai would all enter his stomach. "Teacher, even you have heard of the story of Shao Bai leaving the Nether Abyss when he was young? Can you tell me the specifics?"

Yue Gu dexterously swallowed one dried fruit, picked another one up, before he slowly said. "I only know that Shao Bai is the phoenix with the best talent in the Phoenix clan in the first place. Although he's said to be a water phoenix, the weakest out of all attributes, his godly energy cannot be compared to by anyone in the four races. Two thousand odd years ago, a Devil escaped from the Devil Sealing Grounds, with the intention to rush into the Nether Abyss to absorb the devillic aura within. Coincidentally, the Phoenix Patriarch and Shao Bai passed by, and the Phoenix Patriarch resealed the Devil, while Shao Bai unfortunately fell into the Nether Abyss."

Zhu Yao frowned. She felt that something was strange with this incident, but as to which part of it was strange, she couldn't discern it. She simply felt that the matter wasn't that simple.