Chapter 170: Chicken Egg, Duck Egg, Century Egg

The so-called God races, referred to the four god-beasts Dragon, Phoenix, Qilin and Black Tortoise. Other than the Black Tortoise which was an existence acting as the cornerstone of the world, and had only appeared once at the world's beginning, the other three God races had formed their own clans. Among them, only the Dragons were given birth through eggs, and the Qilins were viviparous. As for Phoenixes...

Hoho, they did not give birth.

The reason why Phoenixes were called immortal birds, were because at the moment of their deaths, their bodies would turn into flames, and then, they would resurrect from the ashes. Hence, they basically would not have problems such as lack of population, after all, they couldn't die. However, with every rebirth, the Phoenixes would lose their former memories, and revert back to chicks. The parent-child relationship among the Phoenixes, were determined by the first person they see right after their resurrection. In other words, it's the so-called imprinting phenomenon.

When the Dragon clan informed the Phoenix clan, the Patriarch came over really quickly. Zhu Yao had thought that the person would be an uncle, but it turned out to be an auntie.

Unexpectedly, the auntie did not look at that shaky egg, but instead, instantly went to hug onto the bony child, and began to cry her lungs out. As she cried, she called out. "Shao'er, Shao'er..."

So it turned out that this child was actually her second son, Shaobai! Two years ago, he fell into the Nether Abyss, and never did she expect that he would reappear here.

Zhu Yao evidently sensed that there was something off with everyone's expressions when the auntie spoke of the Nether Abyss, as they looked at the child in disbelief. As the auntie was able to find back her son, she was really happy. However, the child was evidently unappreciative of it. Under the giving her a single glance when she appeared, no matter what she said after that, he didn't budge, and continued to hug onto Zhu Yao tightly.

Only then did the auntie notice the egg. However, even after discussing with the Dragon clansmen, no one knew just what kind of egg was she.

The Dragon clan felt that among the four great God races, only the Dragon race were hatched through eggs, so inside the egg, it should undoubtedly be a Dragon. However, the Dragon clan always had difficulties with giving birth, hence, they would always pay utmost attention to every single Dragon egg. And, with every production of a Dragon egg, an mystic phenomenon would definitely occur between the heavens and earth. In these recent ten thousand years or so, there had only been twelve of such mystic phenomenons. In other words, the number of eggs that should exist, should only be twelve. A situation where one was being left out was basically impossible.

The auntie of the Phoenix clan felt that this was a Phoenix egg. Although they had never laid eggs, that did not mean that, they wouldn't be able to, right? If all Phoenixes had all relied on resurrecting from the ashes to live on, then, where did the first ever Phoenix in the world come from? Not to mention, among the bird-type creatures and clans in the world, didn't all of them lay eggs?

Not only was this a Phoenix egg, there was a possibility that this was an opportunity bestowed to the Phoenix clan by the Heavenly Dao. An opportunity for them to procreate like the other races other than by resurrecting from the ashes.

And there was a portion of them who thought that this might be an egg of a Black Tortoise. Although no one had actually seen a Black Tortoise clansman, it was still one of the four God-beasts along with the other three. This sounded logical, and most probably, it's an opportunity for the Black Tortoise to make a reappearance.

Everyone believed that their own words were logical. The God race had always found difficulty with procreation, every child was extremely precious to them. Hence, both parties wished that this egg which had suddenly appeared was their own clansman.