Chapter 117: Goodbye, Master

Yu Yan glanced at the scroll in his hands, and only replied a moment later. "The seal on this scroll, comes from an era long past. Even I am only able to faintly understand that this is an incantation used to seal demonic beasts. It's similar to a mustard seed dimension, yet, it contains a hint of the laws of rebirth..." As though he had just thought of something, Yu Yan paused for a moment, and turned to look at his disciple.

Zhu Yao suddenly felt as though a group of horses had suddenly galloped past her mind, leaving trails of horse-shit behind. "That's right, I stayed inside for a day, but when I came out, a thousand years had already passed." In that scroll, the flow of time was actually a difference of about a thousand years.

Zhu Yao then explained to Yu Yan what happened inside.

Yu Yan frowned, and his expression became pretty stern. "If that's the case, this scroll must have been created by an Ancient Race. What's sealed inside are most probably untamed exotic beasts, which are rumoured to be enemies of the Ancient Race, and possess comparable strength."

It was no wonder the demonic beasts had persistently attacked her after she released her dragon's aura. It was actually due to an old hatred.

"Then what are we going to do with it?" With how dangerous this scroll was, the moment one of them were to released, a Godzilla destroying New York scenario would definitely happen.

"There's no need for you to worry." Yu Yan said. "There's a self-destruction incantation within the scroll in the first place. Adding that it's been such a long time, the demonic beasts inside no longer exist. Most probably, the reason why the flow of time inside is different, is to weaken the vigilance of those demonic beasts. Most probably, they themselves are unaware that they're being trapped inside the scroll."

So that's the use of that moving 'Severed Lands'. The thoughts of those Ancient Ones sure were extensive and profound.

At that moment, Zhu Yao once again recalled about that shadow. According to Sesame's guess, that person should have come from the Higher Realm. And since her master had descended from above, he should have a clearer image regarding this issue.

After Yu Yan finished hearing her explanation, his expression, however, instantly sank. After a long while, he slowly spoke. "The shadow you're speaking of, most probably did not originate from the Higher Realm."

"It's not? Then what exactly is it?" For a being which possessed such terrifying strength, other than someone who had come from the Higher Realm, she really couldn't think of anyone else.

"Yu... Yao." Yu Yan suddenly heaved a long sigh, and stroked her head. "I can only tell you this. There are some matters that you do not have to step into too deeply. This World will soon undergo a great tribulation. The reason I descended into the Lower Realm, is to fetch you up."

"Great tribulation? What great tribulation?"

"..." Yu Yan went silent for a moment. Even if he were to be involved in those matters, he would still be powerless to do anything. In his lifetime, he only had this one disciple of his. No matter what, he couldn't simply sit by and watch. Hence, even if he had to lose a part of his cultivation, he still forcefully descended upon the Lower Realm, and wanted to bring her back safely. "Be obedient, and come with me."

The longer Zhu Yao listened, the messier her heart was. Hearing her master's tone, that whatever great tribulation was definitely unordinary, and there was a huge possibility that it's related to the bug.

"Just what is happening? Is it something that can only be avoided by going to the Higher Realm?"

Yu Yan still kept a solemn expression, and simply looked directly at her.