Chapter 125: Grasping the Trick Sure Feels Good

Zhu Yao did not idle outside for too long. After instructing Yu Luo to teach Yue Ying about cultivation, she once again returned to that lava cave, and began her repetitive daily life of hammering iron. Initially, she had thought that forging was a simple matter, especially for a Demigod like her. However, in actual fact, she realized that it basically wasn't at all. The forging work for Mystic Tools did not simply involved knocking and hammering the materials with spiritual energy. The first batch of half-finished products she forged, was basically a pile of scraps.

Only a single one still maintained a hint of spiritual energy, however, at the very most, it could only be used to chase away ghosts or something similar. If she wanted to use it to defend against enemies, it would basically be taken as a joke. Zhu Yao was a little depressed. Clearly, she had hammered it with much more force than anyone else, but in the end, she was worse off than everyone else.

If she were to compare weapon refinement to education, then currently, at the very most, she was at the standard of a kindergartner.

"Master, why does this happen?" Clearly, she had worked so hard already.

"Every material has its own elemental characteristics. Mystic Tools are the same as well." Yu Yan lightly explained. "The materials have a limit to the amount of spiritual energy they can take as well."

"You're saying, there's a need to use spiritual energy of the same element, in order to forge out an actual Mystic Tool?"

"Yes, and no." Yu Yan continued. "The key lies in what kind of Mystic Tool you wish to refine it to be."

In other words, if it was a Mystic Tool used for flight, then there's a need to have sufficient amount of wind spiritual energy. If it's a water elemental Mystic Tool, then there's a need for water spiritual energy.

"I understand now."

Zhu Yao once again began to smelt another piece of profound iron. This time, she did not forge it the way she had done before in the past. Instead of smacking and beating it haphazardly, she simply gathered a hint of wind spiritual energy. With every hammering action, she had it seep into the Mystic Tool. However, the strange thing was, although the wind spiritual energy had already been transferred, the amount absorbed by the iron was becoming smaller and smaller.

Zhu Yao guessed that it was related to the rate of spiritual energy absorption this piece of iron possessed, hence, for her next strike, she reduced her spiritual energy output. As expected, the amount of spiritual energy absorbed this time and previously was exactly the same.

For this particular forging attempt, Zhu Yao had spent four to five times more than her previous attempts. And in the middle of the forging, she had even returned to smelting it for a few more times.

Picking up the shaped iron that had been completely forged, Zhu Yao could sense that it was filled with wind spiritual energy. Zhu Yao could finally head into the next step, and that's engraving formations. Formations were her strong suit. A Mystic Tool used for flight, would naturally need a formation used for flight. This time, Zhu Yao wasn't greedy, and simply engraved a single formation into it.

In an instant, the spiritual energy that was still surrounding that sword-shaped iron earlier, instantly retracted, and was sealed tightly in the formation. The surrounding wind spiritual energy in the air as well, now faintly carried a hint of fondness to the sword.

The final step was polishing it, and Zhu Yao did not take it lightly either. By following the orbit of the formation in order to prevent the leak of spiritual energy, she slowly polished a smooth blade.