Chapter 178: The Minion Who Ascended into the Higher Realm

Mushroom cried for exactly six hours. From a filling and plump mushroom, he turned into a dried-out mushroom from all that crying, as though all of the water content had flowed out from his body in the form of tears.

Zhu Yao's buttocks were already aching from sitting beside him, and only then did he finally stop his wails. Zhu Yao casually cast a few recovery spells on him, and he then reverted back to his human Wang Xuzhi look.

Picking up the half piece of jade on the ground, he looked as though he had lost his soul.

"Mushroom, where are you planning to go?" Zhu Yao could not help but ask.

Mushroom sniffled, kept the piece of jade, and then said. "I'm going to return to the forest, and plant Rock Spirit back into the soil. I want to see if he can grow back."

"..." That's a rock, not a mushroom. How could it possibly grow back? Wait a minute, he couldn't possibly be thinking of burying that stone back into that pile of dirt, right?

"Thank you, for helping me retrieve Rock Spirit." Mushroom nodded towards Zhu Yao and Xu Nuoyan. After such a long time since they met, he seemed to have learnt a few manners.

"Mushroom." Zhu Yao could not help but call out to him. "Umm... Are you still going to seek trouble with those two people?" He best not act crazy, and seek them for revenge.

Mushroom's expression instantly turned furious. "I'm going to exact revenge for Rock Spirit!"

As expected!

"From how I see it, the Rock Spirit in your hands shouldn't have been killed by those two people earlier. Otherwise, they wouldn't have carried this 'corpse' on them everywhere they went, right?" Zhu Yao emphasized on the word 'corpse'.

Mushroom blanked for a moment, and his expression looked a little hesitant. "Then... Who killed Rock Spirit?"

She killed herself!

"How would I know?" Even if she knew, she couldn't tell you. Without her looking after him, with his low-level cultivation, and with how naively stupid he was, if he were to sillily send himself to death, how would she save him? "Why don't you first return to the forest and plant it in the soil for now? It might really grow back. Once it wakes up, you can ask it yourself."

"Oh." Mushroom nodded. "That sounds like a good idea."

Phew~

Zhu Yao heaved a sigh of relief. She finally managed to divert his attention.

Mushroom's expression looked better than before too, as he hurriedly bid her farewell, and flew towards the forest where the Lightning Divine Hall was on his flying sword.

"Is your mind at ease now?" Xu Nuoyan stepped up, and looked at her with a smile. "You sure treat that mushroom well."

Zhu Yao was startled for a moment. Earlier, he did not make a single sound for the entire time, so she had unconsciously ignored his existence a little. He sure was patient to accompany her in her long wait.

"Let's go to Cloudhold City then." Zhu Yao summoned her celestial sword.

"Wait!" Xu Nuoyan however blocked her way. Reaching out his hand, he waved past her face, removing her disguise. She then returned to her former look. "Yu Yao looks better this way."

Zhu Yao shivered. A strange feeling rose in the depths of her heart. At that moment, she suddenly felt that Xu Nuoyan was a little dangerous. She took a step back out of reflex, building a little distance between them.