Chapter 154: Three Two Hundred Fifties

This stage was testing one's nature, which was the reason why they placed the natural enemies – rabbit and vegetables, on the same boat. Weasels were predators of rabbits as well, but evidently, the weasel's cultivation level was much higher than the rest, and he seemed to know the rabbit for several years. It seemed like as long as one spiritual monster went missing from this boat, the entire boat of applicants would fail.

After the rabbit was given a scolding by the weasel, he no longer stared at the mushroom with sparkling eyes. However, because of this ruckus, all of the vegetables on the boat unconsciously held onto their buttocks, and moved further away from the rabbit. Because of their favorable impression of his name earlier, everyone seemed to be moving closer towards Goudan, as though he was their leader.

"Rock spirit, don't be afraid. If that rabbit comes over again, I... I will smash him to death!" The mushroom patted on his chest and guaranteed.

Zhu Yao's expression darkened. Just which part of him did you see, that makes you think rabbits eat rocks as well?

The boat continued drifting for two days, before they could finally see the shore. That was a small island, and a lush forest was present on the island. A person was receiving them at the shore, and compared to the coldness of the staff member in charge of registration, this disciple who was receiving them was evidently much more enthusiastic, especially when he found out that not a single applicant was missing after clearing the boat.

"Fellow deities, congratulations on clearing the first trial. From here, as long as everyone makes past the forest at the front, and makes past the Divinity Leading Stairway, the second trial will be cleared." He pointed towards the small pathway in the forest in front of them.

After taking a closer look, there was a small pathway made of stones within the forest, which stretched out into the depths of the forest with twists and turns. After Zhu Yao and the rest got down from the boat, they stepped into the pathway. This time, the rabbit and weasel was walking at the very front, Zhu Yao and Mushmush was in the middle, and Goudan was at the back, pulling the large group of vegetables.

Though, there wasn't any branches or forks on their path. After walking for roughly an hour, suddenly, their field of vision opened up. The surrounding trees that were as tall as the sky disappeared, and they had arrived at a piece of grassland. At the very center of the grassland, there was a staircase directly leading towards the clouds. Most probably, that was the Divinity Leading Stairway which the person at the shore talked about. However, that flight of stairs was rather unique, as it was constructed by tiles of jade. There wasn't any handrails by the side, and from afar, it looked like pieces of stone floors floating in the air in an orderly manner.

"It smells nice." The carrot at the back suddenly said.

The garlic next to her nodded as well. "Yeah. There's a very nice smell. It seems to be coming from the ground?"

"I smell it as well. There really is a fragrant smell." The cabbage stepped forward, and looked towards the front.

Zhu Yao sniffed, but other than the smell of soil and plants, she could not smell anything fragrant from the air. However, the number of people who could smell the fragrance increased. The only ones who were as clueless as her, was Goudan and the two animal spirits. Even Mushmush had smelled that fragrance.

Zhu Yao faintly felt that something was amiss. Could it be that only vegetables could smell this fragrance?

"There's something underneath the ground over there." The peapod pointed to the piece of land under the divine staircase, as he anxiously walked over. With both his hands and legs, he pulled out some of the unexpectedly flourishing weeds from the surroundings, and was stunned. "This... This is!"