Chapter 70: The Queen Regnant

The three of them were startled. He looked like the city gate's guard, but why did he not stop the rest, but them?

"We're here to avoid being hunted down for revenge!" Zhu Yao quick-wittedly said.

"Revenge?" This person was exactly a heretic practitioner who was in-charge of guarding the gate. He looked at the faces of the three people in front of him. "Who are you people running away from?"

"Naturally, it's a Deity Sect."

"So it's another bunch of idiots who are here to seek protection after offending a Deity Sect." The heretic practitioner laughed with scorn. "Do you know the password?"

"Password?" Zhu Yao was completely stunned. The hell she would know the password?

Wait a minute, could it be: "Open Sesame?"

~~ Roooooaar ~~┗|`o′|┛

Before waiting for the guard's reply, Sesame had already spontaneously leapt out, its two eyes looked at Zhu Yao excitedly, implying: 'Mistress, you called me?'

Zhu Yao: ......

However, that guard did not look even the least bit scared. He quickly got used to looking at Sesame, and had a face as though he had a clear understanding of what was going on. "Oh... So you people are beast practitioners, with those immoral things that you people do, it's no wonder you people would be chased after by the Deity Sect. Go in then, don't waste this big man's time."

"Thank you, brother." Although she did not understand why, since they were able to enter, then it felt absolutely brilliant.

Zhu Yao instantly called Sesame to return, and had him kept back in a Spirit Beast Pouch her master had given her. Then, she brought the two others and entered the city.

Only when Zi Dan explained to her, did she know that the so-called beast practitioners were heretic practitioners who refined the corpses of spiritual beasts into corpses that could be manipulated and used to attack. However, this Art, lacked a little morals, because, a corpse of a regular demonic beast could not be used to refine, spiritual beasts that had been subdued by people must be used. However, by nature, beast practitioners and demonic beasts were never fated. As beast practitioners often refine corpses of beasts, they carry a smell which demonic beasts especially hate, and would cause the demonic beasts to go crazy, let alone subduing them. Hence, beast practitioners could only steal spiritual beasts from others, then, kill them before turning them into puppets. Usually, puppets which were refined successfully would be a rank higher than when the spiritual beasts were still alive.

Killing others' spiritual beasts while it was still very much alive and well, and even go around openly after refining them into puppets, beast practitioners were definitely heretic practitioners who gained the most hate.

Earlier, when Sesame suddenly appeared, and it was even a ninth-ranked, that guard must have definitely thought that they had stolen an eighth-ranked spiritual beast from some Deity Sect, and had even turned it into a puppet, hence, they were being chased by that Deity Sect.

She really had to thank the hole in the big brother guard's brain, it really opened at the right time.

The moment they entered the city, the three of them went to indirectly gathered some information. However, heretic practitioners were after all not regular people, and had very strong wariness, so, they would not continuing talking with others without reserve. In an entire day, the amount of information they gathered were only a handful, and, not many of them were reliable.

Chen Zi was also a beast practitioner. As people who cultivate into deities, no matter were they heretic practitioners or practitioners who come from the Deity Sect, which would not like to bring up one or two spiritual beasts? Even her master was bringing up that bunch of stupid divine cranes. One could imagine, how much contempt people would feel about a beast practitioner, who specialize in stealing spiritual beasts from others, such that, when these beast practitioners try to speak up, they would always usher a few rolling eyes and glares.