Chapter 21: The Unfortunate Person that Bumped into a Bird

Although Zhu Yao's master treated her really well, he was an extremely stubborn person at times, and when he had decided on something, he would not easily change his mind. For example, when he forbade her from leaving the mountain five years ago, she was seriously confined in the mountain for a whole five years. No matter how she tried to make a scene, look pitiful, throw tantrums, and talk sense to him, he never changed his mind. And, he seemed to have done something behind her back, as in this five years, the number of disciples visiting Jade Forest Mountain decreased as time went by, and even if it was an urgent matter, it would still be sent through paper cranes.

And even that little bastard Wang Xuzhi, seemed to have forgotten her, the only person who came along with him from the same hometown. In this five years, other than the little paper cranes occasionally flying in with short messages, he had never headed up the mountain to look for her. This little kid doesn't have any conscience at all. Next time I see him, I will definitely spank him fiercely in the buttocks.

Depressed, Zhu Yao gazed at the moon and sighed. Only her breathing could be heard in this quiet place. Among the few dumb birds, that were used to call her for meals, flying in the sky, there was one that was especially fat, and it was flying as though it was drunk. It seemed to have crashed into something in the sky.

Eeehhhh!? It's falling!

Zhu Yao instantly stood up, opened the door, and ran to the place where the celestial crane fell. That thing it crashed into earlier, was a human figure, wasn't it!? The celestial crane bumped into a person! Zhu Yao who had not seen a single outsider for a very long time, sprinted the entire distance, as she wondered which unfortunate person would crash into a bird while flying on his sword.

After running all the way to the mountainside, Zhu Yao finally spotted the unfortunate person who fell onto the ground. Wearing the sect's white uniform, he hugged onto his head with his two hands as he rolled left and right. Beside him, a celestial crane which was as tall as a human adult, with its head extended outwards, was pecking on his body.

"Ow, stop, stop, stop. Stop pecking, stop pecking. Peck again, and I will hit you." The youth seemed to have sprained his foot, and was currently protecting his head like his life depended on it.

"Dumb bird, stop." The moment Zhu Yao called out, that extremely aggressive celestial crane immediately spread out its wings and flew towards Zhu Yao. It cried out haughtily, and then, it flapped its wings at Zhu Yao. The way it was acting, it was as though it was trying to boast that it had caught an intruder.

Zhu Yao stroked the celestial crane's neck, and after appeasing it, she looked towards the youth on the floor. A celestial crane was a first-stage Spirit Beast, and it only had a tiny bit of spiritual knowledge. Any Essence-stage disciple could deal with it, yet, he simply dodged and did not retaliate, it was evident that he held no evil intentions to the Jade Forest Mountain.

"Wife!" That person blurted out, and with an excited expression, he walked over to her. With how he addressed her, Zhu Yao instantly recognized him. If he was not Wang Xuzhi, who else could he be?

With a joyful look, Wang Xuzhi tried to pull her hand. However, the celestial crane beside her cried out, and blocked him. Its long beak once again tried to make contact with his body.

"Enough, dumb bird." Zhu Yao patted on the celestial crane. "I know him. There's nothing for you to do here. Go and play somewhere else." The celestial crane looked at her, and then, it once again looked at the youth, before it flapped its wings and flew away.

"Little wimp?" If he had not called her wife earlier, Zhu Yao would not have believed that this handsome youth before her, was the spoiled brat back then.