Chapter 114: Changing Maps to Fight Mobs

As he was about to turn around, Sesame's eyes shone, and they were filled with suspicious tears. "Mistress, I just knew, that you still love me."

"... On second thought, you can go as well."

"Meoow~" Sesame had already hugged her thigh with an excited expression. After being kicked away, he still came forward to hug it again. Only when he no longer see the three people who left, did he cry out. "Mistress, how can you be so ruthless, and so unfair... How can you keep other beasts other than Sesame?"

"Who did I keep?"

"Eh? Didn't you take in that tenth-ranked beast?"

I took in your sister. How could he expressed it in the way such that she had taken in a mistress?

"Then, Mistress, why did you bring him back?"

Zhu Yao actually had her own plans for bringing Chen Ning here. It was not easy to raise a Sect, especially for someone like her who was especially affluent, yet, penniless. Although Chen Ning was a demonic beast, he was after all, rich. Building a good relationship to pull in some sponsorship, was a pretty good choice as well.

So, ultimately, the reason was. "Because we're poor!"

Sesame: "..."

"Get up, I have some matters to ask you about." This thigh-hugging habit of his, just when could he get rid of it?

Zhu Yao firstly cast a Deep Sleep incantation on Yue Yin, before casting a shielding formation on the Main Hall with hand seals.

"Sesame, do you know what kind of Mystic Arts, of Mystic Tools, can exist as a shadow?" She wasn't even able to find a single clue regarding that shadow in Qiwu Pavilion. Most probably, even if she returned to Ancient Hill Sect, it would be impossible for her to obtain results with her investigation. Although Sesame was a demonic beast, after all, he came down from the Higher Realm, so the things he knew were more profound than most.

"Shadow?" Sesame was startled for a moment. "What kind of shadow?"

"It's able to latch on a human's body, and on first glance, it looks similar to a ghost." Zhu recalled the look of that shadow. "Though, it does not have the features of a ghost, it's as though... it's a human shadow, and has a figure corresponding to that of a human's."

Sesame sensed the seriousness in her words, and pondered with his head lowered. "I have never heard of a shadow with those features, and I have never heard of any existence of such Mystic Arts. A regular long-term active Mystic Art usually prioritizes latency, if it has a materialized form, then that Mystic Art is considered an irregularity."

"What if the user is unable to see it?" That shadow often crawled up to Mu Meiyan's ears, and seemed to be conversing with her. However, usually, when one spoke, it was a human's instinctive behavior to turn to look at the party who was speaking. However, Mu Meiyan did not.

It seemed like even Mu Meiyan herself was unable to see that black shadow. Other people did not have any sort of reaction either, except her.

"Is it possible for it to be related to a possession-type Mystic Art? And that shadow is extremely vigilant. It's even able to easily sense a Demigod. That shadow seems to be emitting... a power that makes me feel uncomfortable."

Theoretically speaking, back then, she was already that cautious. Even late-stage Demigods would not have been able to sense her, yet, that shadow managed to realize her. And, she suffered injuries just by its single glance.

"..." Sesame suddenly widened his eyes, and his expression was a little pale. "In that case, unless it had already ascended..."

Zhu Yao was startled. "You're saying, someone had descended onto the Lower Realm?"