Chapter 4: Entering the Mountain Sect

Looking at the four men who were concentrating on controlling the flying leaf in front, she instantly grew anxious again. Just what the hell did these people want with her? Was that round ball really that important? In the cultivation world, were these objects used to test Spirit Veins not everywhere? Even if it's destroyed, there should not be a need to arrest her and send her for questioning, right!?

Imagining how she, as a pure and innocent person, was about to go into debt in an instant, and was probably going to spend the next half of her life paying back her debt, she began to feel extremely terrible. Mom... I want to go home.

Just as Zhu Yao was feeling restless, the scenery in front of her suddenly changed. Earlier, while she was flying in the air, she could only see an endless sea of white clouds. However, in the next instant, as though the curtains had been pulled open, the clouds scattered, and a mountain range could be seen floating in the air. Like thin silver ribbons, streams of water flowed down from the peak of the mountains, falling into the ocean beneath.

Zhu Yao was instantly dumbfounded by this game-like background scenery in front of her. She did not expect that, in reality, she would actually be able to see such a scenery.

The leaf they were sitting on, flew towards the the largest mountain within the mountain range. Stopping a few hundred feet before the mountain, Senior-martial uncle Li, the youngest looking youth out of the four, took out a wooden tablet, and threw it into the air. Then, in the space surrounding the mountain, a layer of plastic firm-like substance tore open, and a crack big enough for the leaf to pass through revealed itself. After passing through, it automatically closed itself, and could no longer be seen. Zhu Yao guessed that it should be something similar to a great formation used to protect the mountain range.

Only after entering, could she see the big and small residences in the floating mountain range. And, the place they were heading to, was exactly the plaza in front of the largest residence.

Finally, she was able to step on solid ground, but, she realized there were already a sea of little turnips standing around in the plaza. When she looked carefully, there were more than a hundred of them. They were separated into clusters, and four white-robed men stood in front of each cluster. Zhu Yao instantly understood that these were the children who were selected from various other cities.

After senior-martial uncle Li landed, he gave a simple greeting to the rest of his companions. She was unsure of what he said to the rest of them, but, not long after, all the white-robed people at the plaza, without any exception, looked straight towards her.

Zhu Yao suddenly felt immense pressure, and intentionally tried to hide behind the crowd. However, the people present were all turnips who were merely half her size, there's no place for her to hide even if she wanted to, unless she were to pile up two turnips over each other. She turned and looked towards her little friend Wang Xuzhi, who had a small and thin body, and started pondering the feasibility of this idea.

And as though he felt her intentions, he quickly plunged into the crowd, and distanced himself far away from her.

Little wimp! You unfaithful brat!

"Senior-martial uncle Li, this is a matter of utmost importance. There's no matter if we disregard the rules in this case, let's hurry inside and inform the Sect Master." The white-robed people seemed to have finally come up with something, as a female disciple suggested while she pointed to the hall, and then, she turned back and gave Zhu Yao a weird glance.

The white-robed man named Li seemed to have accepted her proposal. He gave Zhu Yao a glance as well, then, he turned and quickly entered the hall.

Zhu Yao became even more anxious. Why did she feel like this issue was turning out to be more serious than she initially imagined it to be? Was it too late to run? Even though there's an ocean beneath her, she knew how to swim...