Chapter 195: The Unexpected Truth

She even suddenly had the thoughts of dying early to get resurrected early. However, the sky suddenly brightened up, as though the entire sky was set ablaze, emitting out a strange red glow. The entire sky and earth was dyed in red hue. Zhu Yao faintly sensed that something was currently breaking through that skyline, and an important event was about to happen.

。Her master behind her however, had already flown towards the sky in a flash, instantly summoning bolts of heavenly lightning and attacking rightwards.

"Move!" A familiar voice reverberated from within the thunderous noise, and a moment later, a small black figure walked out. It was actually Yue Ying. Why did he come out? Didn't he promise her that he would stay inside?

Although he only had the looks of a small child, the sinister cold aura emitted from his body was frightening. He coldly stared at Yu Yan in front of him. "I'm bringing her away, whoever blocks my path shall die!" Yue Ying must have gone back on his words again, and wanted to bring her away.

Yu Yan immediately summoned his divine sword and fought. His brows were greatly furrowed, and his every word felt as though it could freeze into ice. "She's my disciple, what does that have to do with you?"

The devillic aura from his body instantly turned dense, his eyes were as crimson red as blood itself. On his bun-like little face, strange devilic scars began to spread. "You can stand by and watch as she dies, but I can't!"

Zhu Yao was startled. Why did she feel that the scene before her eyes was so familiar? She raised her head to look at the fiery sky, and something seemed to be charging out from his mind.

Suddenly, a green light flashed from his body. When she raised her hand to take a look, on her once empty wrist, a bundle of green light was currently circling around her hand, like a bracelet of light.

This was...

Zhu Yao simply felt a 'Ting!' reverberating in her mind. The matters she couldn't figure out earlier, were instantly cleared up.

This was the bracelet made out of wood from the Parasol Tree which Shao Bai gifted her.

The parasol trees were the home of all phoenixes. To phoenixes, when there's a parasol tree, then it's a sign of home.

So this was the truth behind why the phoenixes came to the Divine Realm.

No wonder even though she was dragging a body that was already in such a state, she was still alive. No wonder her master was unable to heal her injuries. No wonder divine energy was ineffective on her. She had always thought that she was operating two characters at once in this resurrection of hers. In actual fact, from beginning till end, this had been the only single character she was operating.

She had always been that Black Tortoise, that green-skinned tortoise.

The sky was already growing even more fiery red, as though a bird enveloped in flames could break through the skies at any moment.

Zhu Yao took down the bracelet from her wrist, and looked towards the two people who were still fighting in the sky. It was time for her to log off.

"Master..."

The white figure in the sky paused for a moment, as he looked towards the ground.

"Remember to come look for me!"

She waved her hand, and smiled towards him.

She then looked towards Yue Ying next to him, and frowned. "Yue Ying, you little bastard. Just you wait, this old lady will return to smack your buttocks till they bloom flowers!"