Chapter 157: Geez, if you're Ugly, Don't Seek Revenge

However, even if they could conceal their identities, it was impossible to conceal their arts. Among the factions in the Divine Realm, the various sects or families would have their own unique set of arts. For example, Advent Cloud Hall specialized in sword techniques, and focused on paving their way to the Dao through their swords. Back then, those people were evidently more practiced with the five elemental arts, especially their fire-based arts, which were exceptionally incredible.

Hence, she went to inquire around the sect in regards to places which specialized in fire-based arts. The answers she received were very uniform. "Fluorescent Wind Sect of the North."

Those two people came from the Fluorescent Wind Sect.

Zhu Yao guessed it correctly. That tournament back then was to select the elite disciples among them. The top three disciples who won the tournament, were all brought away in an orderly fashion. Most likely, they were already being taken note by the higher brass, and were given preferential treatment. As for those who lost, they would basically be left to grow on their own.

Mushmush and Goudan were also among the ones who were left to grow on their own, or to be exact, those spiritual monsters who attended the tournament that day were all left to fend for themselves. Most of them had yet to learn official divine arts, so it was very natural for them to be defeated by divine practitioners. Mushmush and Goudan were basically defeated the moment they stepped on the stage. They did not suffer any serious injuries, and when they got up, they were still behaved like good happy-go-lucky spiritual monsters.

Every practitioner that was left on their own was given a few cultivation techniques for some divine arts. Every month, they could head over to the Consular Hall to receive medicinal pellets and divine stones, which could be considered as benefits for entering the sect. Though the amount evidently wasn't much, it was still better compared to the other spiritual monsters.

Zhu Yao only found out later that most of the spiritual monsters who did not pass that invisible bridge, had been dispatched to the various halls to deal with the miscellaneous chores for Advent Cloud Hall. Basically, these people had all given up on raising their cultivation. This was a little similar to the concept of the Outer Sect and Inner Sect system of the various sects. By passing the bridge, one would enter the Inner Sect, while those who did not pass the bridge could only be taken in by the Outer Sect.

In these few days, Zhu Yao had been quietly staying put. With her current cultivation level, it was considered trash in Advent Cloud Hall. Her master's formation was about to be completed. Once he completes it, she would then have more confidence in finding the mastermind behind all this.

In the recent days, Goudan had been coming over to her place every single day. Obviously, it wasn't to look for her, but to look for that little sister Xianxian of his. Unfortunately, no matter how he pestered her, the girl wouldn't even bat him an eye. She was wholeheartedly thinking about her own husband. Haah. Out of all things he could do, why did Goudan like to be a third-party? They were of different races, so how could they be in love? No happiness could be grown out of a relationship between a human and a spiritual monster, you know.

As expected, in less than a few minutes, Goudan was sent flying out of the courtyard by the girl Mo Xianxian, who could not bear it any longer. With a swoosh, he disappeared into the distance.

"The thirty-sixth time." The mushroom gloatingly muttered out. Zhu Yao silently lit up the thirty-sixth candle in her heart. Pulling the mushroom along, they left the crime scene.

Initially, they had planned on strolling a few rounds. If they're lucky, they would even be able to pick up Goudan. However, unexpectedly, they met a familiar person along the way.