Chapter 176: Towards Cloudhold City

Zhu Yao turned around, and returned to the house. After a moment, she sensed that the three's presences had already left Fluorescent Wind Sect.

"You shouldn't have let them go." Yu Yan frowned, as he greatly disapproved of her actions.

"It doesn't matter." Zhu Yao sat right onto the bed. "No matter how stupid Mo Xianxian is, after the incident today, she will no longer seek revenge on Fluorescent Wind Sect."

"The dimensional space in that jade..."

"That piece of jade is merely a tool, a human's heart is what's truly dangerous." Zhu Yao explained. "Mo Xianxian offended Fluorescent Wind Sect that day, and now, she had even been expelled from Advent Cloud Hall. Even if my mother does not pursue this matter, there's no guarantee that someone else wouldn't target her. That piece of jade is her life-saving celestial tool. If I were to take it away, most likely, she wouldn't be able to survive. So why don't I take this opportunity to earn a favor from her?"

"..." Yu Yan did not speak any further, however, his frown deepened. When he recalled that piece of jade was initially his own disciple's body, and it was now even in someone else's hands, for some reasons, he felt a little displeased. As expected, that Goudan person, he should have been killed right from the start.

"Oh right, master." Zhu Yao suddenly recalled something. "I feel a little strange, as though I'm suddenly able to control fire..."

Before she could even finish... poof!

The entire ceiling was suddenly lighted up by an intense fire, instantly burning the ceiling into a clean crisp, as ashes fell and covered her entire face.

"Just like that." She pointed to the ceiling. She was suddenly more proficient in fire-based arts than lightning-based arts.

Yu Yan's expression sank. It sure was rare to see fire-based arts being cast so quickly. "When did you realize this?" He silently cast a water-based art, extinguishing the fire.

"Yesterday, when Mo Xianxian snuck up on me." Initially, she had only thought that the flames had a certain degree of intimacy with her, and that it was unable to harm her in the slightest.

Yu Yan reached out his hand and cupped her wrist, inspecting her meridians. After sending in a strand of divine sense to investigate, he realized that his disciple was as normal as ever. He had always known that his disciple possessed heaven-bending affinity with lightning spiritual energy, so when did she become so affinate with fire as well?

"Your current body carries too many mysteries, your master do not know of the reason either." Yu Yan released his hand, and then moved to stroke her head. "The Hall Master has always possessed deep understanding in regards to many strange matters. Tomorrow, I will make a trip back to Lightning Divine Hall. While you're here at the Fluorescent Wind Sect, do not take any rash actions."

Zhu Yao put down his hand which was destroying her hairstyle, and she was startled when she heard his words. "Master, you're leaving?"

"Mn." Yu Yan took the opportunity to hold onto her hand. Learning from what she did before, their fingers intertwined. "While I'm not here, you must be extremely careful."

"Ou." Zhu Yao weakly responded. "Don't worry, my mother's here! Although my current body has yet to officially begin cultivating, but even with Mo Xianxian's Profound Deity Paragon's cultivation was unable to defeat me. There's no problems, no worries."

Yu Yan blanked for a moment, as though he suddenly thought of something. After sizing his disciple who was in front of him, a strange thought suddenly popped in his head. "Yu Yao, what's your current level of cultivation?"