Chapter 186: There's Always That One Idiot Who Wants to Eat You

Ever since he found out that Zhu Yao had added skill points into her culinary skill, a certain teacher decided to improve his quality of life. When teaching Zhu Yao mystic arts, occasionally, he would bring various wild animals for meals, have her cook them, and then, finish them all by himself.

In order to have a certain someone understand the importance of sharing, she purposefully stopped working for two days. In the end, Yue Gu compromised on her having to cook two portions each time, which meant her workload had now doubled. Hence, this neet who had never left his home for several tens of thousands of years, began to walk throughout the mountains for hunting expeditions. Today, he brought a rabbit, tomorrow, he brought a chicken, and the day after...

"Little Mistress, save me!" Zhu Yao looked at the durian that was approaching her, and was speechless for a moment. What's the meaning of bringing back a durian?

"Highgod... Highgod wants to eat me. Uuuuu...." The durian spirit cried to the point that tears were oozing out from its nose. He no longer had the proud and domineering look he showed when he was introducing himself back then.

The corner of Zhu Yao's lips twitched, as she looked at a certain calm-looking teacher. "You're not thinking of having me grill this today, right?"

Yue Gu raised his head, and said with a serious look. "A living creature."

"..." As expected, she shouldn't have harbored any hope when it came to his common sense. "This can't be grilled."

"That's right, that's right. I can't be grilled, can't be grilled." The durian spirit immediately responded in agreement, Yue Gu instantly revealed a face of disappointment.

Zhu Yao: "But... it can be eaten raw."

Durian spirit: "..."

"Little Mistress, how can you be like this? Back then, it was I who guided your path." The durian spirit cried even more than before, as he pounced towards her leg, and cried as he rubbed against it.

Zhu Yao felt that her leg was dealt with 1000 damage.

Kicking him slightly away, she then gave a certain teacher an explanation, about the differences between plants and animals that had turned into spirits, and the range of food that were edible. Only then did Yue Gu dishearteningly let go of the durian spirit.

Yue Gu's mood was a little depressed, and it was all due to not being able to have a meal. Hence, he decided to teach his disciple a harder mystic art today.

"Devil Smiting Inscription." Yue Gu said with a stern expression. "This is the only mystic art in the world that can be used to directly exterminate a Devil."

"There's actually a method to kill a Devil?" Wasn't it said that Devils could only be sealed?

Yue Gu nodded. "The moment the Devil Smiting Inscription is evoked, it can completely disperse the devillic core of a Devil. However..." His expression sank. "Even if that's the case, the Devil will simply turn into regular devillic aura, and as long as it encounters another Devil, it can then be made use of. In the ancient era, the Gods had once used this art to exterminate many Devils. However, the dispersed devillic aura had actually strengthened the remaining Devils even more, which thus led to the fall of many Gods."

So that was the reason why he was the only remaining ancient God left.

"I will be teaching this mystic art to you, but unless it's an absolute necessity, do not evoke it." Yue Gu instructed with a heavy expression.

Zhu Yao nodded.

Only then did he give her the details about the mystic art, and also, guide her in the circulation method of her godly energy. Zhu Yao understood why he said not to use it unless absolutely necessary. This mystic art made use of all of the godly energy in one's body, and suppress them into a single point before releasing them all in an instant. The moment this art was evoked, at the very least, one's godly energy would not be able to recover for three days. It's a method that's used to kill enemies in exchange for a large rebound.