Chapter 115: The Great Escape

But that wasn't the end of them. After luring in a second one, naturally, there would also be a third, fourth and fifth. Various types of demonic beasts came gathering over from every direction. Staring at the shadow as though it was a lump of meat, they began to throw waves after waves of attacks. Some of them attacked the shadow, while some began to slaughter each other.

Zhu Yao suddenly imagined as though demonic beasts were raiding a city. She had never seen a single one of these demonic beasts before, and she was able to guarantee that not a single person in the entire cultivation world had ever seen such demonic beasts before. Not to mention, she was unable to discern just what ranks the demonic beasts possessed. Although they clearly did not possess a single hint of any tyrannical aura, their strength was a little terrifying.

If any one of these were to descend into the cultivation world, it would simply become an existence which could kill anything with a single blow.

Even something as strong as that shadow, was clearly unable to beat a crowd of such demonic beasts. Dodging seemed to become tough for it as well, as its figure was becoming fainter from all the chewing. Yet, more and more demonic beasts continued to flood in.

In the beginning, Zhu Yao was hiding, and finding places to flee to with all her might. Yet, no matter how she retreated, she was still unable to leave the battlefield. When she finally managed to leave far enough, she bumped face-to-face with a demonic beast that had just been lured over.

That beast was as sturdy as a mountain. Its entire body was covered with boulders, and seemed to be a stone-beast. Its pair of glowing red eyes was currently staring right at her.

At that moment, Zhu Yao had a bad premonition.

Even that shadow was unable to beat these demonic beasts, she would definitely be trash in this situation.

"Mistress, hurry, hurry, release your aura." Turning around, Sesame reminded.

Oh right, she was of the Dragon Race, demonic beasts instinctively feared her. Zhu Yao did not hesitate. Supressing the intense pain in her chest, she released her dragon's aura with all her might, and even expanded it to her limit.

In an instant, the place seemed to have quietened down for a moment. Not even a single noise could be heard. Even the demonic beasts which were fighting in a heated battle with the shadow at the other side, had strangely stopped as well. Zhu Yao simply felt a chill running down her spine, as though she had just heard a congratulatory firecracker going off.

There's something off... with this reaction.

Rooooar~~~~~~~~

Resounding roars encompassed the heaven and earth. The demonic beasts which were crowding around the shadow earlier, suddenly switched their target, and came attacking towards her.

The hell, what happened to the promised suppression of bloodlines!

Zhu Yao leapt onto Sesame's back, and shouted loudly. "Run!"

What happened to the most basic form of trust between humans and beasts?

Release your sister's dragon's might, dammit.

With a flap of his wings, like a curving arrow, Sesame flew up with all his might. Broken images filled the surroundings.

The crowd of demonic beasts reacted as well, as they let out various roaring sounds. Throwing aside the shadow which they were fighting over earlier, they began to chase after Zhu Yao like silly ducks.

Taking this opportunity, the shadow's figure flashed, and instantly disappeared like mist.

"Mistress, what are we going to do?" Sesame was about to cry. Just what the hell were these beasts behind them? He had been a beast for such a long time, yet, he had never seen beasts which looked like them. And their abilities were absolutely perverse.