Chapter 5

Elder Daddy Xu was aware of the situation, but he declined to explain it. Instead, he just turns away and let them scold Liu Tong. And there, without saying anything, Liu Tong was focusing on picking up food for the two brothers.

Xu Ran was enraged. Despite his lack of affection for Liu Tong, the decent guy was bullied right in front of his eyes.

Xu Ran rushed from the table to the kitchen. He ran out, picking up the dead rabbit and throwing it straight onto the dinner table, knocking over an entire table of food. And the people at the table were splattered with broth right away.

The crowd was transfixed, and as they turned around, they yelled, "You son of a bitch! You don't want to live, do you? Today, I'm going to kill you."

Elder Dad Xu picked up the hoe and was about to attack Xu Ran while swearing.

Liu Tong pulled the two kids backwards, then dashed to Xu Ran's side to defend him with his own body. The hoe, on the other hand, dropped too easily. It had reached Liu Tong before Xu Ran could react.

After that, Elder Dad Xu had no hope of withdrawing and decided to attack once more. Xu Ran didn't want to be shunned any more. In any case, he was always seen as a fool by the public. He immediately grabbed a stool near the table to block his father's hoe and pushed Liu Tong aside.

Liu Tong also reacted, sprinting to the back and catching the hoe from Elder Dad Xu. Elder Dad Xu tried to slap Liu Tong but didn't have a hoe in his possession. Xu Ran charged up to Liu Tong's help, blocking the slap.

Xu Ran's mouth was immediately soaked with blood due to the force of the slap.

The entire family was terrified as Xu Ran spit a mouthful of blood onto the floor.

Elder Dad Xu also lowered his lifted fist, but he continued to stare Xu Ran and Liu Tong down. Elder Daddy Xu continued to curse beside them, while Zhang Yue and Xu Cheng mocked them.

"Ran," Liu Tong said as he drew Xu Ran into his arms. "What's going on? Where do you feel pain in your mouth? Open your mouth and show me."

He was softly coaxed by Liu Tong, who washed the blood from his mouth. Xu Ran was in severe pain and couldn't even speak. He didn't stop whining.

No one in the house was willing to go get him a doctor.

The hoe strike on Liu Tong's back was also extremely strong.

Xu Ran considered himself fortunate that his father had not yet dared to kill anyone, for the hoe he had just lost would have cost Liu Tong his life. Of course, Xu Ran isn't going to let this go too quickly today.

He had intended to wait until Liu Tong had finished preparing everything before discussing the family's separation. Over all, it took a lot of bravery to leave home empty-handed, because his family needed to survive.

However, the plan was unable to keep up with the improvements. Only for a rabbit, this family will beat people to death. His daddy was clearly aware of what was going on, but he offered little assistance in explaining what was going on. How could they possibly be his family?!

And if the previous Xu Ran knew, Xu Ran thought he would do the same, because no one could live such a life.

"Tongtong, ask the two children to go to the village head," Xu Ran said in a low voice, resting in Liu Tong's arms.

Liu Tong was taken aback when he realized Xu Ran's words, but he stayed silent. He didn't know when Ran regained consciousness, but he was relieved. Tangtang and Guoguo were waived at by Liu Tong. The two children were terrified as well, but they managed not to cry.