Chapter 61

QIN FAMILY

The next day, one person was rested and refreshed, while the other endured from a sore back. The former had awoken, while the latter remained in bed.

When Xu Ran awoke the next morning, he was dizzy and had a slight headache, but as soon as he saw the scene on the bed, his headache was gone.

Liu Tong had a restless night due to his toil the night before. He'd only just fallen asleep when it was almost morning, and he was soundly sleeping with sweat on his forehead at the moment.

Xu Ran got out of bed, dressed himself, and went to the kitchen to get a basin of warm water to wash the sweat from Liu Tong's forehead and clean his whole body. Before leaving, he even cleaned the house.

In the yard, Tangtang and Guoguo was reciting with their heads moving to the rhythm. Four dogs crouched beside them as quiet listeners.

When Tangtang and Guoguo saw Xu Ran, they immediately approached him and inquired about his troubles. Tangtang remarked, "Shao Yu Daddy told us that you were drunk the day before and asked us not to bother you. Do you think you're feeling any better now, Dad?"

Xu Ran embarrassedly touched his nose in front of Tangtang's innocent eyes. 'I'm fine,' Your Daddy was the one who isn't feeling well.'

Xu Ran said, "I'm fine. Have you had breakfast?"

Tangtang and Guoguo exchanged a shake of the head, and Guoguo said, "Shao Yu Daddy said we'd eat at Uncle Li's and the others' houses for dinner. There were a lot of leftovers from the previous night's meal. It will worsen if we do not eat today."

Xu Ran thought about it and agreed. The weather was too hot, many dishes could not be stored for long. It was most likely that they would only eat those food which weren't easy to turn bad.

Xu Ran held Tangtang and Guoguo's hands and said, "Let's go, we shall have breakfast first. Your Daddy is still sleeping and he will eat when he wakes up again. So where did Shao Yu and the rest go?"

"They were helping out at Uncle Li's place and Uncle Gao went to cut the pigweed. He said that he shall cut more in the morning when it's still cool."

Xu Ran nodded, indicating that he knew.

Xu Ran made congee and cut pickled radish for Liu Tong after he had breakfast with the workers. Liu Tong had already awoken when he went to ask him to eat.

Xu Ran put the congee on the table before assisting Liu Tong in sitting up. Liu Tong clearly trembled a little when Xu Ran touched him. Obviously, he was also afraid of what had happened the night before, which had made Xu Ran feel even more guilty.

Liu Tong rubbed his waist and the first thing he said to Xu Ran was, "Ran, don't drink alcohol anymore. You'll hurt the child."

Xu Ran nodded and quickly promised, "Tongtong, I'm sorry. It was my bad last night, but don't worry, I promise you I won't drink again, really."

Liu Tong smiled when he saw his anxious face, "Alright, it's just these coming few months, you can drink after I give birth. I'm hungry and I'd like to get up and eat."

Xu Ran stopped him from moving, "I know that your waist will definitely be uncomfortable. Don't rush to get up. I'll bring you the porridge and you shall eat it in bed. I'll give you a massage."

Liu Tong did not feel well at his waist, so he did not refuse. He drank the porridge while enjoying Xu Ran's massage.

Xu Ran said to Liu Tong, "Tongtong, how about I take you to a doctor in town? I'm concerned that I could hurt the child. By the way, we should go to your sworn father's house, which you have never been."