Chapter 13

Liu Tong took Xu Ran away after lunch. It had only been a few days since Xu Ran had regained consciousness. He didn't think Ran would go up the mountain by himself. With so many beasts on the mountain, would he be able to survive an encounter with any of them?

Just by imagining those scenes, Liu Tong was terrified.

Xu Ran could tell he was worried, so he obediently trailed behind him. Xu Ran began to comfort Liu Tong only when they were alone.

"Don't worry, Tongtong. I'm prepared to deal with it. You should see how much Wu Mei and the others have helped us. We still have a lot of people to feed. I am obliged to do something in return. I'm not going deep into the mountain, and I'm just looking for food on the hill. Have faith in me. I still have to look after you. I'm not going to let anything happen to me.. "

Liu Tong's eyes almost went red when Xu Ran said something so promising. "Ran, it's all my fault," he hugged him and said.

He was patted on the back by Xu Ran "What exactly do you mean? I'm the head of the household. I earn it to my family to provide for them. I won't be going up the mountain alone in the future, dear. Okay, I'll bring you along with me in the future."

"Okay," Liu Tong nodded repeatedly, "Take me with you. I've learned to hunt with my dad, and I'm also familiar with the mountain."

"Alright. I'll go with you." Xu Ran held Liu Tong in his arms tightly and tried to comfort him.

Wu Mei was cleaning up the kitchen at the time. Behind the door, he found a half basket of potatoes. He called Xu An "Come on, Xu An. There's still a half basket of potatoes here, as you can see. Xu Ran has clearly dug a lot of potatoes today in the mountain. It's really a hard job for him."

Looking at the potatoes in the basket, Xu An realized that Xu Ran must be embarrassed to live and eat in their home, so he walked up the mountain alone to work. He paused for a moment before responding, "Let's just munch on the potatoes! Otherwise, Xu Ran would be uncomfortable in living here."

"Fine." Wu Mei agreed readily since his husband said so.

The bamboo was ready in no time. The foundation and construction of the house came next. And these days, Xu Ran was experimenting with different ways to cook potatoes. The potatoes were more popular than brown rice because they were tasty but not greasy.

The house was quickly built due to excellent early preparation work. No materials such as mud or wood were required, and the bamboo was light and tidy. The seven of them collaborated extremely well. In four or five days, the house's structure was completed.

Despite the fact that everything was done in a hurry, the structure was solid and sturdy. It also appeared to be pleasant.

The next step was to retrieve the tiles that Wu Mei had helped in finding. There was a special spot in the village where tiles could be made. The price was not cheap, with each piece costing twenty pence. As a result, Liu Tong's entire savings was spent on tiles.

Another ten days had gone by. It had also been twenty days since Xu Ran had arrived on this world. The house was completed in the end. They would be able to move into the new house once it had been furnished. Xu An helped in the construction of the bamboo bed. The majority of the items in the house were made of bamboo.

Xu Ran didn't build a stove specifically for cooking; instead, he constructed a fire pit out of four stones. His family used to cook in this kind of fire pit when he was a kid. In the winter, it was often easy for people to stay warm by simply sitting around. When cooking, they just needed to hang a jar on a hook. He just made something to lift the lid of the cooking pot.