Chapter 95

Cold Night

The question confused Xu Ran. He'd done a lot of strange things in the past, and Liu Tong had never asked about them. Why would he suddenly ask the question when talking about this? His face was solemn. Xu Ran was unsure.

He wanted to fob him away, but when he saw Liu Tong's face, he couldn't say anything. Xu Ran shut his eyes. Liu Tong was not the fool he had been with for seven years, and he was afraid that if Liu Tong discovered the truth, he would abandon Liu Tong and his family.

Liu Tong had been looking at Xu Ran as if he must get an answer from him.

After Xu Ran closed his eyes, he dared not open. He didn't know what he was afraid of seeing, but he just didn't dare to look.

"Wawl... Wawl..."

The sudden sound of crying broke the silence between them.

Xu Ran stood up with the child in his arms and said to Liu Tong, "Baozi peed. You eat first, and I'll go change his diaper."

Xu Ran felt relieved as soon as he moved away. Little Baozi helped him in escape. Even if he had to address this question sooner or later, he hoped he would be well prepared rather than being caught off guard.

Liu Tong's eyes clouded as he gazed at Xu Ran's back. In truth, he had no idea what kind of response he was looking for. Whether it was a yes or no, this Ran was the one who was living his life. He'd look after them, work to support the family, and think of ways to make things better for them.

The old Ran was nothing but his husband and Dad of the two children.

In truth, he had always suspected that Ran's behavior was out of the ordinary, but he decided to remain mute, play stupid, and avoid asking. He was terrified that if he asked, the person he had spent so many years with might abruptly leave.

But now, he trembled when he heard Ran mention that two men could love each other. He was anxious that one day Ran might meet a really capable, intelligent, and attractive man. Ran was in such fantastic shape now, yet he wasn't really competitive.

The question came out of nowhere, and Liu Tong was flustered as well while waiting for Ran's response, but he kept a straight face and didn't show it. Ran's silence, on the other hand, made him feel increasingly apprehensive. He was genuinely grateful to Baozi for crying. If it wasn't the case, no one knew what would happen after tonight! And he didn't dare to think about it.

In fact, he should be pleased that Ran had been so kind to him and that his two children had been so respectful. Baozi, too, was adorable. At home, he didn't have to worry about food or clothing, and they had also constructed a home. He should be satisfied, and he had no idea why he had posed that question. He had never done it before.

Liu Tong was a little upset, but he couldn't show the feeling because Ran was coming back soon. How should he face him? As Liu Tong thought about it, he fell into meditation, and the food was left cold and untouched for a long time.

However, Xu Ran didn't come back for a long time after he left.

Liu Tong, who had been waiting in the room, was getting more and more disappointed.

After Xu Ran changed the diaper for little Baozi, he left Baozi to Tangtang and Guoguo and asked them to take care of him. If they wanted to sleep, they could take Baozi to Daddy. He needed to go out.

Tangtang and Guoguo were able to hold Baozi, so they agreed and didn't ask where Xu Ran was going.

Xu Ran left the door alone. It was dark and he didn't know where to go.