Chapter 104

Xu Ran saved the courtesy. "I walked in the back when we returned. You appeared out of nowhere and hugged and pushed me to the ground. Then you let out a loud yell. Your family members rushed out of nowhere as soon as you let out your first cry. Who'd think you didn't plan it ahead of time? Or did you expect I was going to molest Liu Piao? How could Liu Piao be alone outside if such was the case?  Who can tell me what's going on?"

"Explain everything to me properly!" The last sentence was almost screamed out by Xu Ran, shocking everyone.

In an instant, all the cries stopped.

Xu Ran didn't give them the opportunity to respond. "Since you stated I molested Liu Piao, tell me how I molested him?" he continued. "I distinctly recall trying to get up when Liu Piao pushed me to the ground, but he pulled me back. He refused to let me go despite the fact that I had done nothing wrong. Would Liu Piao take off his clothes and crawl into my bed if I truly did something? What do you think?"

"Village chief, I believe you are the most knowledgeable about the residents of Liu Village. What are your thoughts on this family's Liu Village reputation? I recall that you are still occupying Tongtong's parents' land, but Tongtong has the land deed. What do you think would happen if I go to Yamen and file a land usurpation lawsuit against you?"

"Furthermore, you claimed that I molested Liu Piao. So, what exactly do you want me to do? Should I marry him? Or do you want me to make amends?"

Both conditions were incredibly appealing, and the Liu family was at a loss for what to do.

Liu Piao cried and said, "Brother Xu Ran, just take me. I will serve you nicely with my cousin."

"Who is your brother?" hissed Xu Ran. You had just alleged that I had molested you the minute before, and then you called me brother. Do you have any feelings of shame? From last year to this year, you must have been looking forward to this opportunity. Your family members had been waiting here early in the morning, as you had predicted that I would come for tomb-sweeping on New Year's Eve, and then you put on such a show. It's truly incredible." As he clapped his hands, Xu Ran said.

Xu Ran knelt down and with his palm raised Liu Piao's chin "It's a shame! I'm not fond of you. When I look at you, I feel filthy. Isn't it true that you've been engaged for a while? Why did you continue to try to seduce me? What a licentious idea!"

The remarks of Xu Ran were ruthless. This person had plotted against him, so he's not going to be merciful.

"Village head, I believe you have come to a conclusion regarding who is telling the truth and who is lying!" Xu Ran rose up and remarked to Liu Youcai. "Of course, if someone tried to blackmail me, I would not let him succeed. Don't blame me for worsening the matter and tarnishing Liu Village's name, or for oppressing you with my Xiucai title if you don't give me a proper explanation today."

Liu Youcai's brow was already furrowed when it came to Liu Village's reputation. He didn't remember his identify as a Xiucai until he heard Xu Ran remark that he would use his title to oppress them. If Xu Ran, Xu Village's sole Xiucai, was bullied in another village, the residents of Xu Village would not be so forgiving.

Furthermore, wasn't it because the Liu Piao family lusted after Xu Ran's money that they racked their brains to concoct such a ruse? Even Liu Youcai's heart was full of calculations.

He had to make a decision after auditing such a farce. He didn't want to offend Xu Ran. Many individuals in Liu Village were counting on him to help them with their Spring Festival finances. If he was insulted, he would most likely become an eyesore in the village in the future!