Chapter 48

Zhuo Yun, Xu Ran, and the shopkeeper were the three people who were going to buy the carriage. The shopkeeper was well-versed in the topic of horses. And Zhuo Yun, who had been a businessman for many years and knew a little about this area, was also present. In any case, he'd be better than Xu Ran, a noob but  who had no idea how to buy a carriage. (i think noob is more understandable?)

Zhuo Yun was enthralled by a strong tall black horse. It was a horse that had retired from the army, according to the horse's owner. They didn't have the heart to kill the horse because it was wounded and couldn't serve on the battlefield again. So they simply sold the horse to regular people, and it now belonged to him.

This horse was also like by Xu Ran. He felt it would be strong enough for long-distance riding, not just because it was imposing, but also because it had been to the battlefield. "Sir, how much is your horse?" Xu Ran asked the trader, stroking its head.

"You have also viewed the horse, sir. Although it is a retired old horse, it is better than all the others in my stable. I'll give it to you for this price," the trader stretched out his hand and made a gesture.

It was fifty taels of silver, enough to purchase a superior horse. After all, this horse couldn't justify the price because it couldn't be filled with heavy weights or used for long-distance riding due to its injuries.

Zhuo Yun stepped forward and said to the trader, Before Xu Ran could say something, Zhuo Yun stepped forward and said to the trader, "Aren't you extorting money from us and exploiting our situation because we haven't purchased a horse? When I'm doing business, I've met a lot of good horses, but I've never heard of anyone charging such a high price for a horse like you. Tell me how much the horse is worth."

Zhuo Yun behaved as if they were dead set on buying this horse, and the trader should be wary of being beaten if he casually quoted the amount, as if he were a bully. The trader was terrified of Zhuo Yun. Since the trader didn't believe they had any prior experience buying or breeding horses, he dared to quote such a price.

Who would have thought that they had run business and were experienced?

The trader immediately put a finger down, "Then how about this price?"

Zhuo Yun didn't answer; he just glared at him silently.

The trader shivered for no apparent reason before putting his another finger down. "That's my rock bottom price."

Zhuo Yun shook his head, "It's not on. Unless you give another cart to us, or I won't buy this horse anymore or let my friends buy anything from you if they want horses. Now you have to think it over."

It was really a threat, and Zhuo Yun exuded an air of fearing no-one, which frightened the trader.

In theory, the person who dared to sell horses should be wealthy enough to not be afraid of Zhuo Yun's terms, but the trader's family had recently experienced some unexpected events. As a result, he's been keeping a low profile lately. And when he heard Zhuo Yun's terms, he agreed without hesitation, fearing that Zhuo Yun would really declare his sharp practice.

Xu Ran definitely got a decent deal. He also requested that the trader tether the horse to a cart. He tapped the trader on the shoulder after paying the cash and wished him a successful business. After seeing the three of them go, the trader let out a huge sigh of relief. He'd had a really bad day. If there hadn't been anything happened at home, he could have dared to say he could sell the horse at what price he wanted.

He was knocked down a notch when he thought about his family's dreadful business. How miserable he was!

______