Chapter 145

Bickering

Xu Ran couldn't help but give him a thumbs up and approached him to ask, "What is your position under King Yan, Lu Qi? You even helped him in recruiting people while he was on the road."

Lu Qi smiled mysteriously, "Have a guess! What position would someone like me have?"

Xu Ran rubbed his chin and began to ponder deeply. The immediate assumption was that he was a doctor, but he had never seen a doctor handle something like this before. This was the first thing Xu Ran cleared out. Aside from his medical knowledge, his kung fu was also pretty good, he appeared to be a scholar, and he was quite obedient. Xu Ran had an epiphany about the kind.

He blurted out, "Mastermind?"

Lu Qi nodded, then shook his head. "I prefer to be called Master."

Xu Ran taunted him, "Aren't the two similar?"

"But don't you think Master is more appealing than Mastermind? Mastermind does not seem like a good person, but Master conveys the impression of creating tactics."

Xu Ran snorted disdainfully, "Aren't they doing the same job?! But then again, as a Master, you are also quite leisure. Are you not in Yanzhou all these years? Could King Yan manage without you?"

Lu Qi waved his hand. "Don't underestimate King Yan. He was nurtured as the successor by the old prince himself, who had reared him since he was a child. The warlord of the Great Xia Empire is the old prince. Do you realize how incompetent King Yan can be? In addition, my mission is to find the Second Young Master. My duty is fulfilled as long as I return Second Young Master to Yanzhou."

Xu Ran shook his head. "Despite the fact that the old prince is a warlord, he labored on the battlefield. Is he aware of any strategies or conspiracies for framing people in court?"

Lu Qi shook his head disapprovingly, "You're wrong. The old prince is not only a warrior, but he also has a tremendous capacity to win people's hearts. Gao Quan and Second Young Master's adoptive father are two exemplary instances of those who risked their lives to defend Second Young Master simply because the old prince ordered it. Before he died, the old prince also gave King Yan a large number of skilled talents and troops; otherwise, Yanzhou would not be as good as it is now."

Xu Ran said, "I can't assert whether Yanzhou is good or not now, but I'm quite curious about the old prince. Tell me your impression about him."

Lu Qi recalled attentively, "The old prince was gone at earlier years. At that time, I was still young. I remembered some words from the old prince. He gave King Yan three orders.The first priority was to effectively manage Yanzhou, which at the time was a barren and impoverished town with few inhabitants and little land. Worse, the citizens had a wretched life as a result of being plundered from time to time by barbarians. That is why the old prince demanded that the prince administer Yanzhou well after inheriting the kingdom, which was his unfulfilled ambition."

At this, Lu Qi's expression was full of nostalgia. To prevent him from thinking too far, Xu Ran quickly asked, "What about the other two things?"

When Lu Qi was reminded by Xu Ran, he quickly came back to his senses and said, "The second thing is to find Second Young Master, bring him to Yanzhou, and let Second Young Master to discover his roots. The first task has been completed by King Yan. The second would be finished after the Second Young Master arrived in Yanzhou. The next thing was to wait for the old emperor to die."

There were no outsiders nearby and other people were also resting, so Lu Qi said it recklessly.

Xu Ran frowned and asked, "How come the third thing sounds so strange?"