Chapter 106

Leaving

They only hustled the two children to sleep when they arrived at Zhuo Yun's house. They were not in a rush to get to sleep.

It was obvious that they needed to talk. In any case, Zhuo Yun's business travel had been arranged, but he had yet to decide when he would begin.

"Zhuo Yun, have you told Brother Qin that you're traveling on business?" Xu Ran inquired after taking a seat on the stool.

Zhuo Yun shook his head. "No, not yet. I didn't say anything about it before since I didn't want to ruin their Spring Festival. I planned to inform them after the event, but it was still early, so I remained silent."

Xu Ran nodded, indicating that he understood. ", he said "You must discuss it with yourself, with Shuwen acting as a mediator. I'll also bring up our commercial partnership with Brother Qin. Brother Qin, it appears, is now in command of my sworn daddy's family. It will be alright as long as he agrees."

"Okay, I'll talk about it myself. I plan to leave after the 10th. At that time, the festival is almost over," Zhuo Yun said.

"Okay, the scheduling is entirely up to you. Because I'll be busy after the 10th, I'll send the items to you as soon as possible. You've traveled for business before, so you know exactly what kind of trade caravan you're searching for. That's all I have to say about it. Shuwen will be well cared for by Liu Tong and me. Remember to return some letters if you are able to write them."

"I know. In a few days, I'll also inform my friends and ask them to keep a watch on the seed shop. And as for the rest of it, I'll have to worry you with it."

Xu Ran waved his hand, "It's too polite using the word 'bother'."

Zhuo Yun smiled. "OK. Anyway, I will be counting on you."

"Haha, that's right," Xu Ran stood up and touched hands with Zhuo Yun, which was a way to show their agreement.

Xu Ran's family had only spent one night at Zhuo Yun's house. The street market had not yet opened, so it was quiet. After they returned home, they began to take turns serving and being treated by guests among a set group of families.

Xu Ran went to send his new year's greetings to the village head after the round of treating visitors was over, and he told him about buying mountains again. The village chief stated that he would assist in the consultation process.

Xu Ran also visited the Xu Family and sent a large amount of food, especially meat, to them. Elder Daddy Xu and Xu Cheng didn't like him because he didn't speak many greeting words.

The Xu Family appeared to be in a bad way. Even the children, not to mention the grownups, were emaciated and lacked vigor, and Xu Houcai appeared to be older.

He was younger than Elder Dad Qin, but looked much older. Everyone knew the reason, but some didn't learn to reflect on it.

Neither Xu Houcai nor Xu Ran would say anything. He didn't want to embarrass himself. Xu Ran speculated that he could be able to see Xu Houcai more frequently in the future. Of course, it's solely for him.

Xu Ran told Liu Tong his thought when he came back. Liu Tong asked Xu Ran, "Ran, do you want to bring Dad to our house? He can also be a companion to Mr. Hu."

For a brief moment, Xu Ran was stunned. He had not considered this possibility. He would be willing to do so if there were no other encumbrances in the Xu Family, but there were, so he couldn't.