Chapter 167

Days went by in the midst of the repetitive hard job. Xu Ran and the others eventually adapted to Yanzhou's frigid weather. They had become accustomed to using Lu Qi's ointment before going outside in the morning so that they could stay outside for the entire day without being too cold. After November, Baozi was a year older.

 Except for his weight, he had grown in every other way. The first thing that came to me was his voracious hunger. He ate a lot more than previously, but he didn't gain any weight, which perplexed Xu Ran.

Baozi has being teased by Xu Ran, who claims that no childe ate as much as he did. Baozi disagreed with him and proceeded to persuade Yan Lan to dine with him and eat as much as he does, but reality was harsh. 

Yan Lan has clearly gained a lot of weight after eating with Baozi for seven days. Then he said that he would never again eat with Baozi. Baozi's approach failed, so he began cautiously asking Xu Ran for extra rice whenever he needed it. He only dared to do it when Xu Ran agreed, which was downright pathetic.

Xu Ran, too, thought he had gone too far when he saw his pitiful expression. There wasn't a shortage of food at home, so what was wrong with allowing his children to eat as much as they wanted?

 He couldn't say he couldn't afford it. Even if Baozi ate like this, he didn't get fat. Plus, none of his relatives were overweight, and they weren't likely to become so in the future. Xu Ran felt relieved once he realized this and allowed Baozi to eat as much as he wanted. 

The removal of the ban by Xu Ran made Baozi very delighted. Baozi mistakenly ate two more bowls during lunch that day as a result of his enjoyment, prompting Xu Ran to prevent him from eating again.

The entire time, Liu Tong remained uninvolved in the incident. He stood there calmly as a bystander, watching the entire scenario between the father and his son, but nothing had changed in the end. Liu Tong was also aware that this incident occurred since they had nothing else to do.

 Xu Ran would have no time to worry about Baozi once they got back to work after the new year. Tangtang and Guoguo ultimately went home on the 15th day of the 12th lunar month. Tangtang and Guoguo also joined the tormenting team, and they could hear Baozi's shrill protests every day. Of course, they didn't always defeat Baozi.

He could not have a low IQ because he was Xu Ran's son, no matter how stupid he was. Besides, Xu Ran had taught him a lot. It wasn't the same as the lessons he gave Tangtang and Guoguo. Until the New Year, the four of them had been like this. 

They didn't go to help Liu Tong make new year products since they were thinking about how to taunt others every day. Liu Tong, on the other hand, was content to sit back and enjoy the fun every day, so he did all of the work himself.

Xu Ran remembered that he had to prepare a lot of things for the New Year when it was the twenty-ninth day of the twelfth lunar month. 

Then he proceeded to the Utility room, where he discovered that everything had been prepared, including the gifts for his neighbors, which Liu Tong had purchased. Then, and only then, did Xu Ran feel guilty. After a brief discussion with the three children, Xu Ran agreed to surprise Liu Tong. 

Surprise, on the other hand, was a difficult gift to deliver. Xu Ran had completed all of his responsibilities, including preparing the meal and planning the wedding.

Every year, they celebrated Liu Tong's birthday. He also helped him in finding his brother, and the couple has three children together. Xu Ran was at a loss for what kind of surprise he could throw at Liu Tong. 

The three children were likewise concerned, but Xu Ran dismissed their concerns. The reason was straightforward. Either it was incorrect or it lacked originality. The three children gradually lost interest in the plan as it was dismissed one after another. Xu Ran chased them all away and went off to think on his own.