Chapter 144

Away From Home

Of course, some others were depressed, such as Baozi. He hadn't been pleased since he went out, and he appeared sad the entire time. It was clear that he was unhappy and angry.

Xu Ran was aware that he was unhappy. After all, he was young and had been playing with Qing shu since he was a child. He couldn't take the thought of leaving, but they couldn't leave without him and leave him at home, so they had to be separated. Xu Ran expected to be angry for a long time. He was, after all, a child. But he didn't anticipate Baozi to be so stubborn.

They'd been gone for two days, and he'd been angry for the same amount of time. He didn't do anything except eat. He didn't even say anything. Liu Tong was concerned that he might become ill, so he asked Xu Ran to speak with him.

Xu Ran tried to comfort him a few times, but Baozi ignored him. And Xu Ran said, "Are you going to be angry all the time? Because if you keep acting like this, we will never return, and you will never meet Qing Shu again."

Baozi suddenly cried when he heard Xu Ran's words.

Liu Tong attempted to comfort him, but Xu Ran stopped him. "Let him cry. Let's see how long he can cry for. Before we left, we made a deal. But he became angry as soon as we left. I don't think there's anything I can't do for you. He did not keep his word to me, yet he still dares to cry. He is free to cry if he so wishes! Tongtong, leave him alone."

Xu Ran said angrily, and Liu Tong stared at him hopelessly. He was ready to say something when he noticed Baozi discreetly staring up at Xu Ran while wiping his eyes. Xu Ran was so angry that Baozi was afraid to cry.

Baozi looked at Xu Ran, his eyes still filled with tears. After a while, he said, "Dad, I know I was wrong."

Xu Ran looked at him and didn't say anything, Baozi continued to say, "Dad, I shouldn't have broken my promise. Dad, please don't be angry, I promise I'll be good. Let's go back to the village in the future, okay? I've already told Qing Shu that I'll go back to marry him."

It was OK at first, but when Xu Ran heard what he said later, he became even angrier. When he looked around, he noticed that everyone else had come to a halt. They were around them to watch the spectacle, particularly Du Xin. He looked so excited.

Xu Ran glared at him and asked, "What are you doing?"

Tangtang explained, "Dad, we just heard Baozi's crying and thought something happened, so we came over to take a look."

Xu Ran waved his hand and said. "It's all right. I had just finished speaking with him. He's been depressed for two days and hasn't said anything. You may all return now! And I'll join you when I've taught him a lesson."

Baozi gave Tangtang and Guoguo a hurt expression. Obviously, he expected his two brothers to help him, but Tangtang and Guoguo remained silent. After all, they knew Xu Ran was acting in Baozi's benefit.

Du Xin wanted to say something, but Lu Qi dragged him away before he could. After all, it's their own business. Xu Ran was Baozi's father, and it was only natural for him to teach the child a lesson. Besides, the Second Childe had yet to speak. And since Baozi was his own child, it was clear that he was on Xu Ran's side.

And didn't he see that the two young men didn't say anything? Only a fool like Du Xin would do such a thing. Lu Qi couldn't figure out why he liked such a dumb man. Baozi, who had no one to turn to for help, looked depressed and struggled to blink his eyes open. He tried to make himself appear more pathetic so that Xu Ran would stop scolding him.