Chapter 125

After then came the condemnation.

Zhubu snarled fiercely and replied, "I personally heard what you two said. Hu Ming murdered his biological father, and you two collaborated throughout the day to murder Xu Ran and his spouse so that you could take their money. Besides, I heard from your words that you and your partner have previously murdered individuals in the village. The most terrible acts have been perpetrated by you two daredevils!"

These two didn't know how to argue back, even if they wanted to, because Zhubu stated he had personally heard them. After all, they were the ones who had spoken those words. They could only blame it on their own incompetence and carelessness.

Hu Ming and Hu Jin could only rue the fact that they had talked too hastily in the middle of the night, believing that no one was nearby.

Now Zhubu planned to hold them accountable. He enquired of the villagers, "Do any of you have family members that pass away unexpectedly? Step outside and give me a look. Today is your chance to avenge yourself. This is a decision I made for you."

As soon as Zhubu stated this, a slew of people rushed out to air their complaints. Members were recounting how many people in their family had died, as well as how they had vanished. Those people died in a variety of ways, but the majority were drowned.

Of course, some of the crimes may not have been committed by Hu Ming and Hu Jin, but that didn't seem to matter today. Whether they did it or not, they were to responsible for everything.

There were so many people that died. Xu Ran pondered his thoughts. Maybe Hu Jin was telling him the truth. The only problem was that they had all killed those people. There was no means of knowing if those people had come from somewhere else.

Xu Ran grabbed Liu Tong's hand and listened silently as the villagers discussed their families' deaths and the discovery of their bodies.

After hearing so many stories about their wrongdoing, the tellers were devastated, and the audience despised Hu Jin and Hu Ming to their core.

Even Xu Ran was perplexed as to how someone like Hu Jin could pass the imperial examination and become a Xiucai.

Zhubu also got furious after hearing them, "You are heartless indeed. Is there anything else you two want to say?"

Despite the fact that he was inquiring, Zhubu had already made up his mind. He had faith in these villagers, and this was only a formality for him. It didn't matter if these two talked or not.

As a result, Zhubu urged people to capture them directly before they could talk. Yamen runners covered their lips just before they were about to quarrel. They'd all end up on these two people, whether it was an unjust case or not.

Xu Ran felt as if he were watching a joke unfold. What a 180-degree turn of events. He might have thought what had happened was a dream if he hadn't felt the sensation of death in person this afternoon.

Xu Ran stood there watching Zhubu go with those people. He informed Xu Ran before he left that the issue had been handled and that they may leave the village the next day. Mr. Hu's body would also be buried.

Xu Ran looked at Liu Tong and asked him, "Tongtong, do you feel like dreaming?"

Liu Tong nodded, "Ran, I feel so, too."

The villagers began to disassemble and return to their own houses. They replied bluntly to this, as if what had transpired earlier in the evening was pre-planned.

The three of them were the only ones remaining in the yard. The village chief moved towards them, his gaze always set on Liu Tong.

Xu Ran's head was immediately filled with the words "King Yan." He took a step forward and took a position in front of Liu Tong "The case is closed, village chief. So, what exactly do you want to say?"