Chapter 118

The Consolation

Tangtang lightly pushed Guoguo. Guoguo approached Zhao Chen and reassured him "Don't be unhappy, Uncle Zhao. I'll teach you how to play the game of chess. You will undoubtedly improve your skills at it."

Zhao Chen's dissatisfaction evaporated as he gazed at Guoguo's gorgeous look, and all he wanted to do was embrace Guoguo in his arms.

Lin Hua had been looking at them the entire time. Guoguo shifted his eyes to Tangtang when he finished speaking. His message was clear: 'What about me?'

Tangtang appeared to be helpless. As though encouraging a kid, he stroked Lin Hua's head. "Uncle Lin, I will teach you as well," he said solemnly.

Lin Hua couldn't say anything. 'I'm overjoyed to hear that!' he thought to himself. 'However, what does your behavior imply?'

Xu Ran and Zhao Chen were already laughing at him before he could think of a response.

Lin Hua rolled his eyes. He was aware of their amusement. He just responded while holding Tangtang in his arms "Let yourself to be envious there! You realize, this is your pipe dream, right?" (A pipe dream is a want or plan that you have but know will never come true.)

Xu Ran responded with a smile, "I'm the father of the child. It's something I truly don't want. If you want to keep the comfort going, I can let Guoguo touch you as well."

"Come on then!" Lin Hua affected not to care.

Xu Ran gently pushed Guoguo behind him, "Guoguo, go and touch Uncle Lin's head. He has a bump there."

Guoguo went over him. He comforted him while touching his head, "Let Guoguo help you, it won't hurt."

Lin Hua was at a loss for words at this point. Xu Ran and Zhao Chen both burst out laughing at this moment. Despite the fact that the two children had no idea what was going on, they were delighted to see the two adults laughing.

"What are you talking about? You are so happy. Come. Dinner is ready. You guys can talk later!" Liu Tong suddenly appeared at the door and said to them.

Xu Ran replied, "Well, let's eat first. We can discuss about it later."

He then stepped out, holding Guoguo in his arms. Lin Hua and Zhao Chen trailed after, and Lin Hua was also in charge of Tangtang.

The meals served in the evening were far more flavorful than those served at lunch. Liu Tong and Shao Yu didn't cook much for the meal because they wanted Lin Hua and the others to be able to relax soon thereafter. This supper was unique. There were more people present, and more food had been prepared. This was, without a doubt, a substantial lunch.

Because their family appeared to have nothing except potatoes and sausages, Xu Ran urged them to prepare potatoes in various ways. There were plenty of sausages on the table as well.

Lin Hua and Zhao Chen were both devoted to their families. While eating their meal there, they were effusive in their appreciation.

Lin Hua told them, "I've eaten at all of He Shui Town's restaurants, but Xu Ran, the dishes at your family table are better than any of them."

Xu Ran smiled and responded, "Can't the food stop your mouth? Don't you see who prepared the dishes today?"

"Who?" Lin Hua asked.

Xu Ran cast a peek around the table. Lin Hua immediately grasped the situation. He abruptly ceased speaking and began eating obediently. He felt it was inappropriate to praise anybody there when so many people were working together to prepare the meal. Furthermore, Xu Ran's husband was there, making it even more dangerous for him to reveal too much.