Side 15-16

Tangtang and Guoguo settled in the capital for the time being after renting a house. 

They would go to the streets every day and walk about whenever they were free. They may take in the surroundings or converse with the polished professors they encountered. 

Every day after court, Shen QingLing would come over and remain for a bit. He would sit for a bit and then leave for work, or he would remain for supper and then leave.

Tangtang and Guoguo's cooking skills were not as good as their father's, but they were still not awful. Their food was really fresh, and Shen QingLing was very pleased. 

After all, there were some foods he couldn't eat in this day and age. This was the negative side effect of not being able to cook. Shen QingLing was willing to stay and eat most of the time, although he had to depart occasionally owing to governmental duties.

Tangtang and Guoguo were unconcerned about Shen QingLing receiving free meals. After all, he had already helped them. They let him in because it was only a few meals and they were going to eat anyhow. 

Guoguo, on the other hand, was both delighted and sad because when Shen QingLing arrived, he was usually chatting to his brother, and his brother was also willing to talk to Shen QingLing. On the surface, their partnership appeared to be a success.

Guoguo was dissatisfied because every time Shen QingLing arrived, he became ineffective. Even his own brother had forgotten about him, yet Shen QingLing would remember him. Guoguo was hurt by the feeling of being ignored. 

They thought that life would be tranquil until the Spring Test arrived, and Tangtang would perform well in the exam, fall in love with Shen QingLing, and then they would go home together.

However, life was not always that tranquil. Shen QingLing had departed at the beginning of March, and someone had arrived. 

The visitor was not someone else, but someone claiming to be Shen QingLing's younger brother, a childe. After seeing them, he said, "I heard that my brother was seeking for a partner for me recently; is it the two of you? I don't know which one it is; get up and show me." He then glanced at Tangtang and Guoguo directly.

This childe didn't appear to be old, despite the fact that he was probably just fourteen or fifteen years old. He had a commanding demeanor, was surrounded by servants, and appeared to be spoiled by the family.

Guoguo looked at Tangtang, "Brother, did brother Qingling ever say he had a childe brother?"

Tangtang was confused as well. He shook his head at Guoguo. "No, Brother Qingling told me about his dad and daddy. He also told me about his brother, but he never mentioned that he had such a childe brother."

Guoguo realized he was possibly Shen Qingling's distant cousin after hearing Tangtang's words! He just didn't know what this individual was up to. As a result, the two of them just stared at the childe without saying anything. When the childe noticed Tangtang and Guoguo ignoring him, he became enraged and exclaimed, "Hey! I was asking you! Have you lost your tongue? Why don't you answer me?"

At the same time, the two brothers rolled their eyes. Didn't he hear them talking right now? 

They did not respond to him because they did not want to. 

Tangtang considered it and concluded that it was unfortunate for them to bully a child. 

After all, he came in the name of Shen Qingling's brother, even if he disliked this child. Tangtang had not expected Guoguo to have to deal with something like this. After all, he had disliked it since he was a child. Unless he knew this individual well, he was a slow talker.