Chapter 93

The Banquet

Xu Ran went to the Zhuo Mansion after shopping to confirm with Zhuo Yun the time for Qingshu's hundredth day celebration (a traditional activity to commemorate a baby's first hundred days of life).

Only after hearing Xu Ran's question did Zhuo Yun realize the matter, "But I didn't seem to have told you when my little darling was born?"

Xu Ran shook his head and said, "No, you didn't. It was just yesterday that I remembered it. I inquired of Tongtong, who informed me that Qingshu was born on September eleventh. I kept track of the days. On the twentieth of this month, Qingshu will be a hundred days old."

Zhuo Yun nodded "It's the 20th of the month, but the mansion is currently unstaffed. We won't be able to handle this on our own. So, I'll reserve a room in a restaurant and everything will be OK."

"This is a good method. Though it will cost more money, you can free yourselves and don't need to care for too much."

"Yeah, let's decide to go to Mr. Chen's restaurant," Zhuo Yun said.

"Do you want me to add some food to the banquet?" Xu Ran asked.

With a wave of his hand, Zhuo Yun said, "No, it's not true. I'm sure the food you'll include will be all of Mr. Chen's signature dishes. There's no reason to show them. After this lunch, I'm concerned someone will come to my house and scavenge free meals from us every day."

Xu Ran considered it and agreed. Potatoes and dried bamboo shoots were among the items he could add to the dinner. It was alright for dried bamboo shoots, but if he took too many potatoes all at once, Zhuo Yun would be in serious trouble.

Xu Ran then made the following suggestion: "What about this approach? My baby's full month celebration (a customary activity to commemorate a baby's first month of life) will take place on the 25th. If you're free on that day, why don't you come to my place and we can have a big Qingshu celebration?"

"Well, let me discuss it with Shuwen first. If he agrees, I have no objection."

"Alright, then you can discuss it with Shuwen. And I'll go back first," Xu Ran said.

"Okay. Take care and bye," Zhuo Yun sent Xu Ran to the gate.

______

The winter days at home were always fast, and in the blink of an eye, the days from the 16th to the 20th had passed.

The hundredth day of Qingshu's birth was commemorated today. Xu Ran dressed himself up in the morning. He then assisted in the dressing of the two children. As a result, the father and sons appeared sophisticated and lovely when they stood together.

Today's celebration will be a joyous occasion. Xu Ran had pulled away Tangtang's and Guoguo's crimson jackets from their New Year's Eve outfits and allowed them to wear them. Originally, the two children were attractive. They grew more energetic as soon as they put on the red jackets and turned to two wealthy young masters.

Xu Ran's two children were obedient and clothed themselves according to his wishes. To show his appreciation for his efforts, Xu Ran clapped his hands and stroked his chin.

Xu Ran said to Tangtang and Guoguo, "You two can go and show Daddy."

Tangtang and Guoguo both believed the red coats they were wearing on themselves were attractive. They smiled and walked away. When Liu Tong saw Tangtang and Guoguo enter the room, he questioned, "Why haven't you gotten started yet? If you don't go now, it will be too late."