Chapter 10

Wu Mei and Liu Qing returned to cook at noon, while the rest of the party started chopping bamboo on the mountain. They needed a lot of bamboo to create a new home. There were seven of them, and they were all working together.

They agreed not to return to rest at noon because getting enough bamboo would take at least two or three days. Wu Mei and Liu Qing would return home and prepare the food so that everyone could eat together on the mountain.

At home, Wu Mei raised chickens, ducks, and pigs. Dahu was responsible for the chickens and ducks, so whenever he had free time, he would cut some green grass for them to eat. Pigs' feed had to be heated first, then taken into the pigsty in barrels. However, the pigs were grunting loudly there at the moment because they had been starving for the whole morning.

Xu Ran went to help Wu Mei carry the pig feed, thinking he had recovered.

Xu Ran, despite his age, had been a fool for a long time and had been spoiled by Liu Tong. Obviously, he couldn't work as well as Wu Mei.

Wu Mei thought Xu Ran was curious and did it for fun when he saw him rush over to help him bring some pig feed. He didn't laugh at him because he couldn't carry the barrel. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was a little ashamed. To demonstrate his ability to help, Xu Ran preferred to help Wu Mei in scooping the feed from the pot into the bucket.

Xu Ran recognized that he couldn't do hard physical labor at the moment, but this kind of simple task was always a breeze for him, and he felt relieved that he could finally do something.

Outside, it was still sunny. The adults forbade their children from going outside because they were afraid that they would bathe in the river at the village's entrance. If something went wrong in the end, it would be a disaster.

The children from Wu Mei's, Wu Lan's, and Liu Qing's families were in the same boat. They were not allowed to leave the house.

Tangtang and Guoguo, on the other hand, had never considered going out to play.

Xu Ran asked Tangtang and Guoguo to arrange the other children to sleep on the bed after Wu Mei and Liu Qing left to prepare the meal, saying that they were going out to play after waking up..

Of course, what Xu Ran meant was that he was going out to help get the pig grass, not that he was going out to play. Wu Mei and other adults climbed the mountain to help in the bamboo chopping.

They still had a lot of household chores to complete at home, such as feeding the children, chickens, and ducks... They didn't have time to help with all of these until they returned from the mountain at nightfall. Xu Ran felt bad for it and wished he could do more to help. After all, all of the adults were busy working for his family at the moment.

Xu Ran rarely interacted with the other kids. He normally only spoke with Tangtang and Guoguo. As a result, the two obedient children became effective messengers between Xu Ran and the other children.

As Xu Ran awoke again, it had been about two hours, but he didn't know the exact time. Tangtang and Guoguo were both soundly sleeping beside him, snorting and sweating, so it was just his assumption.

Xu Ran went out to the yard to get a water basin. After that, he took a towel and wiped the sweat from the two children. He awakened them after completing all of these.

Despite their sleepiness, the two children followed Xu Ran to wake up the other kids.

Wu Lan, like Wu Mei, had two children: one was a Xiaozi (a man who couldn't bear children, like Xu Ran) and the other was a Ge'er (a man who could give birth, such as Liu Tong). For Liu Qing, he had three children, two Xiaozis and one Ge'er. Xu Ran helped the two Ge'ers wipe their sweat. As for Xiaozis, he didn't want to bother them, so Dahu took them to the yard to wash themselves.