Chapter 111

Xu Ran and Gao Quan took a carriage to the town after breakfast. Along the way, they looked for Xu Cheng but were unsuccessful.

Liu Tiezhu was most likely accompanying Xu Cheng, who was injured on his foot, according to Xu Ran. As a result, they couldn't have gone too far.

Xu Ran said to Gao Quan, "Shall I stop halfway so that you can go to find them?"

Gao Quan shook his head. "No need. I'll inquire as to where the village chief has dispatched them. Outside of the settlement, I'm not familiar with any other locations. I can't find them even if you ask me to. It's preferable to hunt them down at night. They'll have to find a spot to sleep at night, and they'll most likely return to Xu Village and enter the mountain."

Gao Quan's analysis made sense. Xu Ran nodded, "Well, then I'll leave it to you."

"Okay," Gao Quan had no objections.

After they arrived at the town, their first thing to do was to send the goods to Mr. Chen's restaurant.

The price of the cured meat was identical to that of the market. Mr. Chen didn't take advantage of Xu Ran since he didn't demand a high price. The price of sausages was significantly greater than the price of preserved meat. Neither did Xu Ran ask for much in return. For each jin, add three pennies.

Mr. Chen paid the price Xu Ran wanted without hesitation this time. Because Xu Ran was in a hurry, he didn't ask Mr. Chen to cook some to taste.

After leaving the restaurant, Xu Ran asked Gao Quan to go shopping and he went to Zhuo Yun's home.

When he arrived at Zhuo Yun's home, he saw a bunch of things piling in the yard. Xu Ran went in and said with a smile, "Hey, are you making a move?"

With his servants, Zhuo Yun began moving things around. When he saw Xu Ran, he came to a standstill and walked over to him "I'm putting stuff out in the sun to air out. You're aware that I'll be gone for a while, and Shuwen will be staying with you. Because so many things will be left unattended at home, I'm getting rid of them now. What has brought you here? I was just thinking about where I should look for you tomorrow."

Xu Ran said, "Something was up at home. I came to the town to do some shopping. By the way, when you were leaving? Have you contacted the caravan?"

The two walked into the house as they spoke. Zhuo Yun said, "Yes, I have. We'll head out to the north on 20th of the first month of the lunar year. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I will go to your place both to transport back the cured meat and sausages, and to send Shuwen to your home. By the way, what happened in your family?"

Xu Ran sighed and felt a little helpless, "I've offended some mean people. Someone fed croton seeds to my ewe to harm my little child. Fortunately, we found it in time, so nothing serious happened, but my ewe got killed."

Zhuo Yun, who was sitting at first, suddenly stood up. "What's going on? Someone actually wanted to harm Baozi? Was that person caught?

Xu Ran nodded. "Sit down first. I'll tell you in details."

Therefore, Xu Ran repeated the whole story again, and Zhuo Yun became even angrier after listening.

"Maybe this Xu Cheng is not your biological brother, is he? How was he capable of doing such a thing?" Zhuo Yun said angrily.

Xu Ran raised his hand in the air. "Who knows, but this isn't a big deal. My dad and daddy treated me the similar way. at first. They were the only reason I could forgive them because they did not harm my children. Xu Cheng, on the other hand, is unique. I can't stand the fact that he hurt a one-month-old infant."