Chapter 20

The land was bought, but even if Xu Ran and Liu Tong worked together, they would never be able to complete the work of farming, particularly when the land was still a wasteland. Moreover, since Xu Ran had no experience with farming, they had to recruit someone else to help them.

It was much faster to plow with cattle, but now they didn't have the plow, and he couldn't design and make farm tools by himself. It was obvious that they were in serious trouble.

Xu Ran and Liu Tong had a conversation late at night. They both agreed that the best way to open up the property was to recruit someone.

However, the family had a little money. They had to wait until all of the fresh chili paste was made and sold before they could proceed.

They decided to open up some land this year to grow radishes when the time came. They agreed to wait until next spring for the other land.

Potatoes, as well as radishes, may be produced in the winter so that their family can have potatoes to eat at the start of the following spring. They may even plant some houttuynia cordata and sell them in the spring after they've grown up.

The more Xu Ran thought all of this, the happier he is! He believed that if anything went according to his plans, he would undoubtedly become a big landlord.

What a brilliant future it will be!

The imagination was beautiful, but the reality was far from it. The Xu Family had just received news of Xu Ran's land purchase.

"Did you hear, Daddy, that the eldest brother just purchased 30 mu of wasteland? Where do you think he got all that money?" Xu Cheng inquired. The villagers told him today that his eldest brother was very capable and had made a lot of money in a short period of time. It was everything he hated.

He had always assumed that he was his father's and daddy's favorite child. However, in the eyes of others, he paled in comparison to his elder brother in any way. He had been regarded as inferior to his brother in terms of intelligence, appearance, words, and deeds since he was a child. And after he married, it was said that his spouse was worse than his brother's.

That was why, the day before his eldest brother was to take the examination, he poisoned him and turned him into a fool. He felt his brother's future was gloomy, but he hadn't expected him to marry Liu Tong. They not only had children after that, but his eldest brother also recovered and was no longer a fool after their family separation. They had only been gone for three months, but they had already acquired 30 mu of land. Xu Cheng was enraged to the point of clenching his teeth.

Elder Daddy Xu, who had been sitting there, suddenly stood up with a surprised expression on his face when he learned that Xu Ran had purchased land, particularly too much land "What are you talking about? The bitch's son had purchased 30 mu of land? Where did he get such a large sum of money? Should he come to pay tribute to his father and daddy when he becomes wealthy? However, He just spent the money on land himself? "

Xu Cheng nodded "Yamen runners had come to measure the property, according to a villager. I inquired as to which family owned the land. He said it belonged to my eldest brother and that he was very capable because he had saved too much money in just three months to buy 30 mu of land. It was 30 mu of land, Daddy! Where did the wealth of the eldest brother come from?"

"Yes, indeed. Where did he get such a huge amount of money? Just three mu of land and three mu of field belong to our family. No, I have to pay him a visit. Why is it that he has so much land? His parents are still alive and well in this town!"

Elder Daddy Xu was going out while talking. Xu Cheng followed him closely. Even Zhang Yue, who just entered the door, heard it and went with them.

Xu Ran and his family had just finished their supper. And though it was late, they didn't expect some people and come to bother them. Moreover, they were their awful relatives.