Chapter 166

The yard door has nothing to do with anything. Xu Ran walked in after lightly pushing the door open. When he returned home, it was lunchtime. In the kitchen, Liu Tong and Baozi could be heard. 

While eating, Liu Tong was talking to Baozi and instructing him not to steal food. With his hands in his arms, Xu Ran leaned against the door, watching Baozi poke the dish from time to time. He wanted to take it, but he wasn't brave enough. Xu Ran gave a gentle smile.

His attention on Baozi appeared to be too blatant, causing Baozi to feel uncomfortable and turn back to face the door. Baozi was going to call Xu Ran when Xu Ran reached out and made a hand gesture to stop him. 

Baozi grabbed him right away, covered his mouth, and sat back in his chair. The trembling of his shoulder was visible to Xu Ran. He's probably giggling right now.

With the bowl in his hand, Liu Tong turned back to see Baozi concealing his lips. He claimed that he had stolen it once more and said, "Why don't you listen to Daddy, Baozi? I told you not to grab it with your hand, didn't I? Didn't I warn you that grabbing food with your hands would make you sick? Chopsticks are placed on the table. Pick them up with chopsticks if you want to eat them. If I find you grabbing food with your hands again, I'll have to hit you."

Liu Tong subconsciously raised his fist. This action must have been learned from Xu Ran.

Xu Ran was watching at the door. He did not expect that he would influence Liu Tong so deeply.

Baozi, who was wronged, stopped smiling. He took his little hand away from his mouth and said to Liu Tong, "Daddy, I promise I really didn't steal food. I just covered my mouth because of a smile. Dad also said that the unclean food wouldn't get me sick. Daddy, who do you want me to listen to?"

Baozi's words made Liu Tong speechless. Thinking that Ran said these two sentences, he didn't know what to say now.

Looking at Liu Tong's awkward expression, Xu Ran could not help but walked in from the door and patted on the back of Baozi's head and said, " Just listen to your Daddy. Who told you to talk back? Be careful or I'll punch you."

Xu Ran's threat had upset Baozi greatly. He went off the stool and grabbed Xu Ran's thigh, indicating his intention to confront him.

Xu Ran just ignored him and turned his eyes to Liu Tong.

Liu Tong saw Xu Ran and his frown relaxed immediately. His face was full of smiles, "Ran, you're back."

Xu Ran also looked at him in full of silently conveyed tenderness and nodded, "Yes. Was Baozi obedient during my absence? I told you to punch him, he can't beat you anyway."

Liu Tong became further happier as a result of Xu Ran's words, whereas Baozi became even more unhappy. He gripped Xu Ran's hand and bit it hard.

 After that, he clenched his teeth and gave Xu Ran an arrogant attitude. There was no blood, but there was a deep tooth mark. Xu Ran wasn't in much pain, but he couldn't pass up the opportunity to teach Baozi a lesson. 

Xu Ran picked Baozi's buttocks and slapped them. Xu Ran had already finished slapping by the time Baozi realized it. Baozi could only stare at Xu Ran, unsure whether to cry or not.

Xu Ran put down Baozi and said, "This is just a small lesson. You started to bite before we say anything to you. I'll never let this become a habit for you. I'll beat you up with a stick if you make this mistake again!"

In his house, he had a wooden stick that he liked to beat people with, especially Baozi. Because he was a child who was disobedient. 

Many times, Baozi had been beaten with the wooden stick. It hasn't been utilized in a very long time. This is something Baozi has almost forgotten about.