Chapter 129

Everything in the kitchen was ready, and they were all waiting for Xu Ran to arrive. Mr. Chen summoned a chef and requested him to shadow Xu Ran. Xu Ran had not personally done it, but he recalled the processes. He was itching to try, so he rolled up his sleeves and cleaned his hands.

Liu Tong posed to be Xu Ran's helper, passing goods to him. The dough had been kneaded and was ready to use. Xu Ran just had to top it with butter and other seasonings before placing it in the steamer.

Although baking would produce a better result, they could only use a steamer because they didn't have an oven. After placing the hamburger buns in the steamer, Xu Ran began preparing the filling, which included chicken and fresh veggies.

Since everything was fully prepared, Xu Ran went on very smoothly.

The hamburger buns were almost ready when he finished making the filling. When they were cold enough to handle, Xu Ran removed two of them and filled them with meat, veggies, and chilli sauce. He then divided it into two parts, one for himself and the other for Mr. Chen to sample.

Xu Ran took a mouthful and declared it to be satisfactory. Despite the fact that the buns were not to his liking, the remainder of the meal was rather tasty, just like what he had had in modern times. Xu Ran was unconcerned by the presence of others in the kitchen. He took a mouthful and then passed the remainder to Liu Tong.

Since Xu Ran was staring at him, Liu Tong could only eat it.

After taking a bite, Liu Tong stared at Xu Ran with a funny look, "Ran, it's so hot."

Xu Ran dismantled the hamburger and examined it. Liu Tong had consumed all of the chilli sauce, he noticed. It's no surprise he found it spicy.

Xu Ran smiled and sent the hamburger over again, "You just had the chilli sauce. Now it's gone. Take another bite."

Liu Tong obediently took another bite. Xu Ran looked at him, waiting for his feedback.

When Liu Tong finished chewing and swallowed it, Xu Ran asked him, "Tongtong, is it delicious?"

Liu Tong didn't nod or shake his head. He just said, "It tastes a little better than steamed stuff bun."

Alright! In fact, steamed stuff buns are regarded as one of the quintessential Chinese dishes, and hamburgers are akin to them. Liu Tong, on the other hand, stated that it tasted better than steamed stuff buns, which might be seen as an indirect favorable response.

After listening to Liu Tong's opinion, Xu Ran shifted his eyes to Mr. Chen, "Mr. Chen, what do you think?"

Mr. Chen put on an act and commented, "It is superior to steamed stuff buns in terms of flavor. Apart from the filling, it felt empty at the front when I chewed it. There aren't a lot of things inside! They can't possibly be as filling as steamed stuff buns. Furthermore, because there is so much meat and veggies inside, they must be more expensive than steamed stuff buns. Xu Ran, do you think this thing will sell?"

Xu Ran said, "Mr. Chen, they sure will, but not by that many. How about this? Don't sell them at the entrance. You don't sell breakfast now, do you? After all, few people have rice in the morning. Breakfast is often steamed filled buns, steamed buns, or noodles. In the future, you might be able to sell this as a breakfast item. I'll tell you something more, and you may sell it with this."

Xu Ran shoved the hamburger into his mouth and swallowed it whole. Then he went on a search of the kitchen for the beans.

Xu Ran scooped up a handful of beans and said to Mr. Chen, "Mr. Chen, since you have these here, you should know the benefits of them. You could use them to create doufu and sprouts, but you could also grind them to make soya milk. In the future, you may sell hamburgers with soya milk and fries as a set meal. You may select the price now, and when they're all done, you can start selling them."