Chapter 51

Xu Ran refused to bring Liu Tong. At the very least, one of them had to remain at home. If both of them, who have the power to make decisions for the family, were away at this time, Xu Cheng would most likely bully the old man and his children.

The construction team's workers, on the other hand, were all outsiders. They had no involvement in this because it was Xu Village. Two Ge'ers who were Zhang Yue's acquaintances, as well as Spouse Chen, accompanied Xu Ran. Spouse Chen was, after all, the village head's spouse, but his words were more unbiased.

On the road, Xu Ran drove the carriage quickly, cutting the time it took them to get to town in half. Xu Ran had no idea where good doctors could be found in town. After all, Liu Tong was the one who used to buy him medicine.

Fortunately, Spouse Chen knew the place, saying that he had been there once or twice. Xu Ran drove the carriage into an alley after arriving in town, following Spouse Chen's directions. A hospital stood next to the alley, with a doctor waiting outside to diagnose the patients' ailments. Many people came to get treatment for their illnesses, and they formed a long line.

The two Ge'ers were the first to exit the carriage and dash to the hospital's gate to call a doctor. Xu Ran and Spouse Chen were behind. Zhang Yue was being slowly carried down from the carriage by the two. Even if it was inappropriate for a man like Xu Ran to appear here, he couldn't care less right now. After all, it was more important to save a life.

Soon after, the doctor arrived, accompanied by the two Ge'ers who were walking ahead of them. Xu Ran and Spouse Chen happened to be carrying the patient to the hospital's front entrance. Many people noticed Zhang Yue's facial injury. More importantly, they started whispering to one another when they noticed the pregnancy mole at Zhang Yue's ear. "I'm curious as to what kind of ruthless man would handle a Ge'er like that."

In town, the doctor was known for his kindness. Since he always gave away medication for free while treating patients and had excellent medical skills, many people in town came to him for care. Initially, a few people were annoyed by the patient's sudden appearance in line, but when they saw him being brought inside, they couldn't find the words to blame him. After all, human life was exceptionally important.

The doctor gave Xu Ran and Spouse Chen an instruction. "Put him on the bed quickly! Let me take a look."

When Xu Ran and Spouse Chen heard the doctor's instructions, they put Zhang Yue on an empty bed and asked the medicine boy to carry the medical kit. The doctor immediately inserted acupuncture needles into the patient after taking his pulse.

Zhang Yue showed signs of waking up after a few needles were inserted into him, but he did not wake up in the end. The doctor's opinion was similar to Doctor Liu's, but he had stated that the individual could awaken with time and a large number of herbs, many of which were costly. After all, Zhang Yue was extremely weak due to a severe nutrient deficiency.

Xu Ran nodded and said to the doctor, "Is it convenient for you to let him stay here for treatment for a while, doctor? If it's convenient, we'll leave him with you. We'll find someone to take care of him, and I'll pay you. What do you think?"

The doctor waved his hand and said, "It's not difficult to keep a patient here, but you'll need to ask someone to look after him. After all, this hospital only has young men, so it's inconvenient for a Ge'er to be here, especially because he spends his days here."

Xu Ran cupped one hand with the other to show his respect and said, "Thank you, doctor."

Just as he finished speaking, he took out ten taels of silver from his inner pocket and handed it to the doctor. "This is the diagnosis fee and medicine payment. If it's not enough, please tell me later."