Chapter 142

After Tangtang and Guoguo had left, Xu Ran inquired of Gao Quan, "Gao Quan, did Lu Qi promise to come tonight? I'd want to ask him a question."

Gao Quan said, "He didn't say that he would come, but I guess he will."

Xu Ran nodded. "Well, Come to find me when he is here. Furthermore, tell Shao Yu of the situation. We'll all travel to Yanzhou together."

"Mm, I got it," Gao Quan said.

They headed downstairs together when they finished talking with Gao Quan. Nobody spotted Guoguo and Tangtang since all eyes in the house were on them. Xu Ran stepped in for a few moments before quietly exiting. He returned to his room in search of Liu Tong.

Liu Tong sat by the bed in a daze while Liu Tong sat beside him and hugged him. "What's the matter? Can't you accept it?"

Liu Tong shook his head. "No, Dad and Daddy have been gone for more than 20 years. I've forgotten what they look like, but I never imagined I'd have anything to do with a prince. Do you think this is a good thing, Ran?"

Xu Ran said, "There is nothing good or bad about it. Things change. Roll with the punches. We'll see whether it's true when we get there. Although King Yan is at odds with the emperor at the moment, he may have a good relationship with the next emperor. Tangtang and Guoguo will have a supporter at that point if they wish to establish themselves in the court.  At least he is a prince."

When Liu Tong heard him say this, he suddenly smiled. "You even thought of this. Didn't you always tell them to rely on themselves?"

Xu Ran said, "This only applies when they encounter difficulties! It's not that I am asking them to shout on the street that their uncle is King Yan. If you hold a grudge about it, go ahead, hit me if you can!"

Liu Tong was overjoyed when he learned this. He didn't care about what he had been fascinated with and replied to Xu Ran, "I'll listen to you, Ran. Let's travel to Yanzhou and check if we resemble each other. I'll acknowledge him if he's good. If he isn't, I won't."

Xu Ran smiled gently, "Well, if he's not good, we won't acknowledge him. I heard that the plague is getting more and more serious, so we should make thorough preparation first. We will leave when things go wrong."

"Okay."

The couple was chatting in the room, and the others downstairs were also chatting. They were unconcerned about what was happening on outside.

_____

Lu Qi arrived at midnight. He stealthily leapt from the Xu Family's roof onto the yard. Gao Quan noticed him the minute he arrived, and Tangtang and Guoguo awoke not long after, perhaps detecting danger intuitively.

However, Tangtang and Guoguo did not go down. They just stood there in the dark and watched. Previously, when they watched Gao Quan go away, they remained gazing at him without blinking, fearful that he might do anything to betray them. Later, when they saw Gao Quan calling their father, the two children drifted back to sleep, relieved. In any case, their father would not hurt them.

On the other side, the first thing Lu Qi said when he saw Xu Ran was, "The two young masters have found out that I'm here."

Xu Ran was stunned for a moment before realizing who he was talking about. Xu Ran said, "It turned out they have the ability now. Let's not talk about this. Tell me about the plague first."

Even if it wasn't pouring late at night, it wasn't a good idea to chat in the yard. Xu Ran knew what Lu Qi meant when he looked around and stated, "Let's start in the living room, but we can't turn on the lamp. After all, everyone is sleeping, and they'll notice if the lights is turned on."