Chapter 82

Luck In Love Affairs

The small horse dashed away and returned just in time for lunch. Because of this, Xu Ran and the others laughed. Zhuo Yun returned home after lunch, and Xu Ran led a group of workers to the kitchen to work on the sausage-making business.

Two men went to marinate the fatty pork, which wasn't difficult at all. It was simply a matter of sprinkling salt on the meat and wiping it down evenly. It was, in general, a lot easier than stuffing sausages. In Zhuo Yun's residence, these two men were likewise hard laborers. Xu Ran just had to teach them once, and they were able to pick it up quickly.

When it came to stuffing sausages, Xu Ran wanted to cut the lean meat into pieces first, and regardless of whether the amount of small intestines was sufficient or not, he wanted to prepare the condiments ahead of time. They may then wait for the pig slaughterer to deliver the small intestines so they could resume working.

These Ge'ers had never before made sausages. They watched as the meat was slowly inserted into the bamboo tube, and then the intestines swelled. They were all enthralled and rushed to complete the task themselves.

When Xu Ran noticed them squabbling, he simply told them to take turns and decide by rock-paper-scissors. This was not a light load. He was scared that their enthusiasm would fade and they would no longer want to do it.

Fortunately, these Ge'ers' passion for this lasted for a long time.

When the intestines were all stuffed, they still haven't complained about tiredness, which was kind of impressive.

The pig slaughterer delivered three little baskets of tiny intestines to Xu Ran late at night. Xu Ran paid the agreed-upon sum of nine pence and told them to bring additional intestines over the next day if they had any more.

Suasage making required at least two baskets of intestines for one hog's lean meat. There were three hogs that might be used to make sausages, so if Xu Ran received more intestines tomorrow, that should suffice.

If there was more than enough, he could still use the rest to make other dishes. The intestines wouldn't be wasted anyway.

When it was time for bed, Xu Ran informed these individuals about their quarters. He didn't have much time for the two men, but the three Ge'ers required more of his attention. He put two oil lights in their room and brought them an additional quilt since he was worried they might be cold.

Such an attentive person naturally caught the eyes of these Ge'ers. Even though they knew that Xu Ran had a spouse and children, they still wanted to attract him.

Xu Ran was not the same as Zhuo Yun. They'd all spent years in the Zhuo Mansion, and they all knew that young master Zhuo was exclusively interested in Qin Shuwen. Even if they had the best of intentions, Zhuo Yun would ignore them.

Xu Ran, on the other hand, treated them with respect and was nice and considerate. In addition, his spouse was now expecting a child, so he couldn't continue to serve Xu Ran. Besides, very few men are unlikely to be faithful to their wives. They thought Xu Ran couldn't resist the temptation because he looked better than Liu Tong.

The three of them didn't say it out, but they just thought about the same thing, which could be considered as a fantasy or something else.

Xu Ran had been sneezing ever since he returned to his room. Liu Tong thought that he caught cold and even wanted to look for a doctor.

Xu Ran hurriedly stopped Liu Tong who was about to going out and rubbed his own nose. "Tongtong, I'm fine. I just feel a little itchy on my nose. Maybe someone might be talking about me."