Chapter 101

Hotspot

Wu Mei told Xu An, who was still eating, after Xu Ran had gone "Dear, Xu Ran frequently feeds us. Maybe we should return the favor, or I'll be embarrassed to see him at his home."

Xu An quickly completed his lunch in his bowl and responded, "You are correct. During the Spring Festival, he might invite us. Let's prepare a supper for our visitors tomorrow. We must also be invited to supper by the other two families. Then we'll be able to eat a large lunch every day until New Year's Eve."

Wu Mei smiled as she heard Xu An's words. "That's great! Now eat quickly and plan what you'll make for dinner tomorrow. During the winter, only a few dishes may be produced, therefore Xu Ran must consume them at home. Now that we've added two more people to the party, we'll have to come up with something fresh."

Xu An was uninterested in responding "Why do you spend so much time thinking? Simply plan a daily meal. Why don't you cook some for Liu Tong, who like our Zha Cai (pickled mustard plant stems)? In terms of their family's visitors, Zhuo Yun does not appear to be picky, thus he must be simple to satisfy."

"Okay, I'll do my usual cooking. By the way, aren't we the ones who bought two fish? I'm sure I can make one for Liu Tong. He like sour and spicy foods. Since he is no longer in postpartum confinement, he has no restrictions on what he eats. He must be content."

Xu An didn't have any objections. "Up to you. I can buy fish when they are sold again."

Then, the two of them decided the invitation.

The other two families also expressed their embarrassment at being treated so regularly, according to Xu Ran. Xu Ran didn't mind because his families would eat even if there were no visitors. Besides, these folks had been extremely helpful to him.

In any case, Xu Ran thought so. Then, he invited Wu Lan and Liu Qing, and they promised to come in the evening.

Then, Xu Ran went home. It was the first time for them to eat hotpot, and there were many things to be prepared. Shao Yu must feel overwhelmed. And he didn't know much about the hotpot.

When Xu Ran returned, he immediately proceeded to the living room, where he found Zhuo Yun and Qin Shuwen hugging and playing with two babies on beds. His tiny Baozi was one, and his tiny Qinshu was the other. Apart from them, Xu Ran saw no one else and inquired, "What happened to the others? Why are you looking after little Baozi?"

While taunting Baozi, Zhuo Yun added, "Your Liu Tong went to lend a hand in the kitchen. Mr. Hu set out to locate someone with whom he could play chess. I'm not sure where Tangtang, Guoguo, and Gao Quan have gone."

Then, Xu Ran told Zhuo Yun to take good care of Baozi and went to the kitchen.

And he saw Shao Yu was cutting vegetables while talking to Liu Tong.

Shao Yu enquired, "I'm curious as to what the master would do. Why does he require so many vegetables from me? It's a bit too much for us."

Liu Tong smiled and responded, "Isn't it true that he like these unusual and intriguing things? Fortunately, it's chilly outside now, so the food can easily be kept fresh. It's alright if we don't go through them all tonight. Simply eat them the next day."

Shao Yu replied, "Right!"

Hearing their conversation, Xu Ran walked over to Liu Tong. "Let me cut the vegetables, Tongtong. Don't touch cold water now."

Liu Tong refused. "You cut your finger last time, don't you remember? The New Year's Eve's coming. I don't think it wise to let you cut anything."

Xu Ran felt wronged, "It was just an accident! You can't stop me from cutting vegetables because of it!"