Chapter 56

MUSHROOMS

Xu Ran had to seek the help of Wu Mei and his three brothers to harvest the strawberries while he and Liu Tong made strawberry jam at home and Tangtang and Guoguo served as errand runners as the demand for strawberries grew.

Xu Ran wanted to have the strawberries picked and sold as soon as possible. The weather in June was unpredictable, and it was impossible to predict when the storm would begin. The strawberry will just rot in the field at that time.

Needless to say, the mushroom in the mountains should grow after the heavy rain, and it will be time to go pick the mushroom.

Xu Ran went to Mr. Chen's restaurant after delivering the strawberries to Qin Shuwu's shop, bringing strawberry jam and French fries with him.

Only after Xu Ran had discussed it with Qin Shuwu and received his approval did Xu Ran leave. After all, they had decided to sell them to Qin Shuwu, who had spent a great deal of time and effort on those strawberry seedlings.

Mr. Chen had not expected Xu Ran to bring in new food so quickly, so he enthusiastically welcomed people to the room upstairs. Xu Ran didn't bring out the strawberry jam and French fries for Mr. Chen to try before then.

The red strawberry jam looked good with the golden French fries and they also gave off a delicious smell.

Xu Ran picked up a French fries and said to Mr. Chen, "Mr. Chen, This is referred to as French fries. It was created by me. It was made with a type of ingredient called potato, of which I have grown some in my own garden, and it is also simple to prepare. You can choose if you want me to plan it ahead of time for you or whether you want to make it yourself."

Xu Ran dipped the strawberry jam from the porcelain cup with the French fries and then said, "Strawberry jam, which is made with strawberries and granulated sugar, is the name of this red one. We still have some in our house, so if you want it, Mr. Chen, I can make some more and you can find a place with ice to keep it so it doesn't go bad. The French fries with strawberry jam were delicious. You can have a try."

Mr. Chen received one from Xu Ran, who put one in his mouth. His movement was fluid, and he didn't seem to be eating it for the first time.

Mr. Chen tried it the same way as Xu Ran did, and then nodded with satisfaction, "Although I don't like it very much, I think many young people should like it."

Mr. Chen, "Why don't you sell me the potatoes as well as the recipe? You'll determine which price is appropriate for you. You are welcome to make more strawberry jam for me. It was a unique flavor, and it would only be enough to eat a few times a year because people would get tired of it after a while."

Xu Ran smiled and nodded. He was of the same mind. Aside from French fries, potatoes can be used in a variety of dishes. He was concerned that providing Mr. Chen with so many recipes would be daunting. After all, the town was small, and the restaurant would only be able to accommodate this number of customers.

Xu Ran told Mr. Chen about his thoughts, and Mr. Chen smiled, "It's admirable of you to be so considerate. But don't worry, I'm not the only one in our family who has opened a restaurant on their own. How else could I have sold so many sour bamboo shoots in the past? All you have to do is sell me the recipe, and I'll take care of the rest."

Xu Ran didn't argue any more because Mr. Chen had said so. Anyway, he was just in charge of collecting money and couldn't care less about anything else.

Xu Ran said, "Well, Mr. Chen, In a few days, I'll deliver the potatoes to you. Every day, I'll bring you some strawberry jam. You sell after my field's strawberries are gone, and you should be able to get a better deal."