Chapter 151

Gu Yu returned with a pen and ink after Xu Ran had waited in the room for a time, and even helped him polish the ink.

Xu Ran was ready to start writing when he heard voices outside. Xu Ran knew Liu Tong and the others had returned as soon as he heard the voice. They'd been gone for a long, and it was time for them to return.

Gu Yu was instructed to wait outside the door by Xu Ran. He didn't write the letter and instead walked to the door to get them.

There were a lot of people present. In addition to Liu Tong and Shao Yu, Xiao Qingyun was present. There were also a few servants following them. Each of them was holding a tray with various bits of fabric in it. He assumed it was up to him to make the decision.

Xu Ran welcomed everyone in the door, and Xiao Qingyun introduced Xu Ran to the cloth on the platter. Xu Ran wasn't sure what the name of the cloth was, so he had to look at them closely to tell them different.

According to Xu Ran, there were cotton, soft, and other unattractive materials, and it appeared like they had everything.

Xu Ran chose a black cloth that seemed to be made of sackcloth and said, "Tongtong, you can use this to make a backpack. This sackcloth is quite sturdy, and you wouldn't use it to make clothes, so its appearance is irrelevant."

Liu Tong nodded, remembering what Xu Ran had said. Xu Ran picked another cotton fabric for Liu Tong's gloves.

The only thing left to do was to make a scarf. Xu Ran was dissatisfied with the items they delivered, primarily because they were not soft enough; if only there had been woolen yarn.

"Woolen yarn? Xu Ran, tell me, what does woolen yarn look like?"

Xu Ran was taken aback after hearing what Xiao Qingyun had stated. He was still perplexed as to how Xiao Qingyun knew he wanted woolen yarn.

Xiao Qingyun said, "Now don't you think about it, you've just muttered something to yourself, and we all heard it."

Xu Ran touched his nose to show his embarrassment.

Xu Ran described the woolen yarn to Xiao Qingyun. Then Xiao Qingyun instructed his close male maid to go to his room and take it.

Xu Ran asked, "Do you have any woolen yarn here?"

Xiao Qingyun explained, "The king got this from the Barbarian Branch. It was organized as a group. He returned it since he saw it was furry. I had no idea what it was for, so I kept it. Let's see if that was what you were looking for."

Xu Ran nodded. "Then, thank you, my Lord"

Xiao Qingyun was not very happy. "Since we're all family now, you should not call me Lord. Are you deliberately alienating us?"

"I don't want to call you that either! But I don't know what to call you. It's not appropriate to call him 'brother-in-law'! This is even more awkward. It is not polite to call a king's husband by his name." Xu Ran thought to himself.

Xu Ran lowered his head and started to think how to call him. He was very confused.

When Xiao Qingyun saw that she had put him in such a difficult position, he turned around and said to Liu Tong, "Tongtong, you have to think of a way. I didn't intend to make things difficult for him."

Liu Tong stood up and smiled, "Ran, just call him Qingyun like me! You didn't feel like this when you called Shuwen before!

Xu Ran waved his hand. "That's different. Zhuo Yun and I are brothers. It's normal for me to call Shuwen by his name, but there is a king in front of the lord. It's inappropriate for me to call him like this."