Chapter 126

Xu Ran had taken a step back and waited for a moment. He walked over to greet Qin Shuwu when there were less people.

"Brother Qin, business is good!"

"Bro, you're back! So quickly! How was it? How many fruit plants have you bought? You got everything you need?" Qin Shuwu smiled as he glanced up at Xu Ran.

Xu Ran walked over with a smile, "I've been standing here for quite some time now. You have not only failed to invite me for a cup of tea, but you have also bombarded me with inquiries. Are you planning on having me stand here and talk to you?"

Qin Shuwu glanced at Xu Ran, "Alright, stop acting. How could I not know you enough? Come on in! I haven't seen you in a few days. Let's have a good chat."

Qin Shuwu led Xu Ran into the shop, where he chose a spot to sit. Qin Shuwu really went to pour him a cup of tea.

"You look tired! Things didn't go well?" Qin Shuwu asked.

Xu Ran drank his tea, "No! Nothing escapes your eyes. I sure am tired!"

Qin Shuwu sat down next to him, "Tell me, what happened? You don't look like you're tired from working."

Xu Ran said, "Not exactly. Labor labor is physically demanding. I returned with 200 fruit plants and planted them in three days. I mean, how could I not feel exhausted?"

"And that's all?" Qin Shuwu didn't buy it.

Xu Ran said, "Of course not. Mr. Hu is dead."

"What did you say?" Qin Shuwu thought he had misheard Xu Ran and asked loudly again.

Xu Ran sighed and said, "You didn't mishear me. I hadn't expected things to turn out this way. His son killed him shortly after he returned home."

"That beast!"

Qin Shuwu swore the moment Xu Ran finished his words.

Qin Shuwu was dragged down by Xu Ran, who then informed him everything that had happened. Of course, he kept Liu Tong's and the village chief's identities hidden from him.

Qin Shuwu became even angrier after hearing him, "You really are unlucky. You obviously haven't done anything, but someone has always wanted to do something to you."

Xu Ran nodded in agreement. He thought so too. He could tell it from what had happened between Liu Tiezhu's family and him.

However, this was the second time.

"Actually, I don't know what's going on either. Do they think it's easy to hurt me? Is that why they have always wanted to do something to me?" Xu Ran asked.

Qin Shuwu shook his head with his arms crossed, "Who knows?"

Xu Ran shook his head, "Forget it, let's not talk about this. It's already over anyway. I don't plan to go to that place again. Let's talk about something completely different! When I first arrived to the deli, I saw that business was brisk. Is this how it's been lately?"

Qin Shuwu shook his head, "Not exactly. It has been better in the last two days as it has suddenly gotten warmer. Those who came to get cold meals from the deli have also come to get some fruit. Because some of the cherries and apricots are already ripe, many people are naturally drawn to the newly arriving fruits."

Xu Ran said with a smile, "That's good. Business has been booming recently, and one day's earnings are now likely equivalent to the total of two or three days' earnings previously.."

Qin Shuwu nodded, "Yes! It's a good thing to be busy for a few days. Don't go back for lunch, just eat here! And we can talk about creating some new dishes. People will get bored if we don't."