Chapter 137

Chief Li has complete confidence in the second chief. After hearing what he had to say, he immediately asked him, "Second Bro, do you think that it can work?"

But he was still a bit hesitant, "But this thing is too big. How many carriages do we have to prepare to transport them?"

Looking at the size of the trolley, the second chief realized there was an issue and was baffled.

Xu Ran was speechless! He would have to cut in. He leaned over and said, "Chief Li, second chief, listen to me. Hire a couple temporary oxcarts to pack the trolleys before leaving, and then sell them as you go. Allow these people to drive their oxcarts home once the trolleys have sold out. All you have to do now is pay them for their services. After all, you can't carry the items back to the north with you."

The second chief discussed Xu Ran's technique with Chief Li and agreed that it was doable, but they were still unsure about something else. A simple game like chess might fetch one tael of silver. What would the price of this trolley be?

Xu Ran had been paying attention to them, so he knew what they were hesitating about.

He hurriedly said, "You don't have to worry about the price. The trolley is sold for two taels of silver apiece. We shall, however, charge you merely one tael of silver. We will charge less because the items are too large, and you will need to employ oxcarts as well as personnel."

In his mind, Chief Li estimated that this was more profitable than chess. It was difficult to say if chess could be sold for two taels of silver. Aside from that, the items had to be transported to the north. Despite the fact that one piece was not particularly large, there were hundreds of them, which would undoubtedly take up a lot of space. Chief LI made the decision to take up the trolley business after much thought.

Three of the four persons in the private room awaited his judgment. Chief Li couldn't wait any longer and claimed to be honest instead. He informed Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun that he would be taking over the trolley business. "As for the method, I'm going to follow the advice of Xu Ran bro. Give me all the trolleys you have."

Xu Ran exhaled a sigh of relief as he heard him say this. He was concerned that he wouldn't be able to take the job. As long as he had it, he would figure out a way to sell it.

Xu Ran also said, "Chief Li, how about this, the goods were from me. If you really fail to sell them out, you can return them to me, and I will give you refund."

The words of Xu Ran were audacious. He was virtually certain that the items would sell out as soon as he stated so. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was quite confident. Chief Li was further bolstered by the fact that he was aided by a second chief.

Chief Li was stunned when he heard Xu Ran's words. Then he laughed and slapped on the table. "Xu Ran bro is really a straightforward person. I'll have to sell them out because of your words. Don't worry, Xu Ran bro, we have eloquence as well as courage. Since I've taken your business, I'll never ask for a return. Now you must give the carts to me, and I will compensate you with silver."

Xu Ran was still certain that his prior suggestion was great. After all, Chief Li and his team aren't willing to take a chance on losing money. He didn't anticipate it to be rejected by Chief Li.

Xu Ran was about to say something when he noticed Zhuo Yun winking at him. Xu Ran assumed that this was the norm of their Run Business, so he said nothing more and simply accepted Chief Li's advice.

Both tasks had been completed this time. Xu Ran was relieved, but he still felt like he hadn't let Xu An down-after all, he had promised it.

Today was already the eighth of the seventh month in lunar calendar. They were about to leave on the tenth day. Xu Ran said to Chief Li, "Chief Li, I have brought you the chess, but the sausage and the trolleys are still in my place. When are you going to send someone to take them? I only have one carriage, which cannot load a lot."