Chapter 158

"Lu Qi, Lu Qi, no matter where you are, get out at once!" Xu Ran called Lu Qi's name crazily, giving King Yan and the rest who had rushed from afar a start.

Gao Quan spotted Lu Qi off in the distance and dashed over to bring him over. Lu Qi was irritated at first for being caught in such a strange manner, but he couldn't say anything when he saw Liu Tong riding on the back of Xu Ran.

Lu Qi did not enquire as to why this was the case. He changed his demeanor after reaching out to check Liu Tong's pulse. Xu Ran was unable to see it well. Liu Tong lacked the strength to gaze around. However, Gao Quan and Shao Yu, who were standing nearby, were able to see it plainly.

Seeing his look, Shao Yu asked anxiously, "Master, what's wrong with Liu Tong? What happened?"

As King Yan came over and saw this scene, his expression changed too. The solemn look on Lu Qi's face made King Yan more anxious.

Liu Tong shook his head and said softly, "It's gone..."

Liu Tong was unconscious and he had no idea what they were saying.

When Xu Ran heard Lu Qi's words, he closed his eyes and let go of Liu Tong's trousers. Everyone on the scene gradually noticed blood trickling from his jeans and onto the ground, tainting the green stone board. Everyone knew what had transpired when they witnessed this scene. For a little minute, everyone was deafeningly quiet, as if they didn't know what to say.

Xu Ran bit his lips and said, "Your Highness, please get me a room and let Lu Qi give Tongtong an examination. The baby is gone. Let it be so. However do not let nothing happen to Tongtong."

Even Xu Ran was baffled as to how he managed to utter those bland remarks. King Yan, on the other hand, came to his senses after hearing Xu Ran's statements. He requested that everyone boil some water and bring Lu Qi's medicine kit over. The room was identical to the one they had previously occupied. With Liu Tong on his back, Xu Ran took small steps towards the room. Blood dripped across the floor, forming a large stain.

After putting Liu Tong on the bed, Xu Ran went to the side to allow Lu Qi to examine him. He wrung out the handkerchief and took over the hot water from the servant to wipe Liu Tong's face. In a coma, Liu Tong frowned and even bit his lips.

No one save him realized how much anguish he was in. Liu Tong was the first to notice that the child had gone, and he knew it better than everyone else. However, he only had time to tell Xu Ran before he passed out, which could have been due to his discomfort or grief. Xu Ran had been calmly watching Lu Qi check Liu Tong's pulse since he entered, without saying anything.

Others were outside, waiting with bated breath. Tangtang and Guoguo were training martial arts, and Baozi was playing with Yan Lan and Yan Hao, so King Yan ordered the attendants to find them. The three children dashed into the room, gasping for breath. Baozi sobbed as he approached the doorway. His voice was booming, and he continued shouting out  Daddy. Tangtang and Guoguo's eyes were red, but they didn't cry like Baozi.

The only action inside was a brother bringing out bowls of bloody water and then bringing in clean water, which was repeated indefinitely. Even if you were only viewing it, it might make you feel numb, as if you had seen it a thousand times before. Nobody knew what was going on on the inside. Apart from Baozi's sobbing, there was no sound from either inside or outside the room. The quietness was frightening.

Xu Ran quietly and earnestly assisted Liu Tong in cleaning his body as per Lu Qi's directions. Even if he had seen basins of gory water being poured out, his countenance remained unchanged. Xu Ran fell heavily in front of the bed after the bleeding was stopped and the cleaning job was done, as if he had used up all of his strength. Lu Qi looked at him and wanted to say something but found that he was unable to do it.