Chapter 91

Postpartum Confinement

Liu Tong had had enough of eggs and chicken. He flatly refused to sip the chicken soup and refused to eat anything chicken-related.

In fact, any food would end up like this. After eating it once or twice, people may still feel energized. However, if they consumed a certain food for more than a month, it began to cloy. Because Xu Ran was aware of this, he did not push Liu Tong to continue eating them.

Instead, he allowed Shao Yu cook additional veggies for Liu Tong, and he could occasionally serve him some tasty pickled radish.

Since Liu Tong was pregnant, Xu Ran had been feeding him like a pig, and he was getting bigger and heavier. His belly was still like a barrel after he gave birth, as evidenced by the fact that his belly was still like a barrel.

Liu Tong was unsatisfied with himself. He found walking to be exhausting now that he was so overweight. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was overjoyed. The waist of Liu Tong has become soft and fat. Xu Ran anticipated the days after Liu Tong's postpartum confinement. He fantasized about the time when they were just the two of them.

That day when Liu Tong was eating, Xu Ran sat beside him with little Baozi in his arms and asked him when Qingshu was born.

Liu Tong smiled "You haven't heard about it yet? Didn't Zhuo Yun say something to you? Qingshu was born on September 10th, and he will be a hundred days old on the 20th of this month."

"The twentieth!" Xu Ran looked a little worried.

Liu Tong asked him, "What's the matter? Are you busy on the 20th?"

Xu Ran shook his head, "No. But Lin Hua and the others may came over that day. I will not be home if I'm going to Zhuo Yun's house that day. All right. When they come, let Shao Yu keep them and arrange a room for them to stay first. I'll see them when I come back at night. And they can leave the next morning."

"All right." Liu Tong nodded, "I will tell Shao Yu about this."

"You eat first. I'll take little Baozi outside for some fresh air. He hasn't gone out for a whole day," Xu Ran said and got up with little Baozi.

"Then be careful. Don't let him catch cold," Liu Tong reminded him.

"Got it." Xu Ran closed the door after he went out. Then, with little Baozi in his arms, he wandered around in the yard twice before going to Tangtang and Guoguo's room.

Tangtang and Guoguo now had two additional tasks to complete each day. They would see their brother first thing in the morning once they awoke, and they would see him again before going to bed at night.

With the passing time, Baozi began to resemble Xu Ran. He was chubby and well-nourished because he was fed ewe's milk and was well-cared after. He'd only been alive for a month and a half, yet he'd gained a couple of jin.

After practicing calligraphy, Tangtang and Guoguo intended to visit little Baozi. They had not anticipated Xu Ran's arrival with Baozi. They were overjoyed. They were lying prone on the bed, coaxing and amusing Baozi.

Xu Ran just went to check on their homework.

Xu Ran had taught the two kids how to distinguish Arabic numerals and Pinyin (the Chinese phonetic alphabet), but exclusively at home. They could utilize these words to record their own matters in the future. It would be easier to justify their actions if they were discovered by others in this manner.