Chapter 130

Nobody objected when the date for Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun's travel to Ban Yue Town was established. After all, summer was only around the corner. If they postponed the journey, the trees would have a much harder time surviving in the summer than in the spring. As a result, they decided to take advantage of this opportunity.

Xu Ran had initially refused Liu Tong's request to accompany them. Du Xin was in Ban Yue Town, a dangerous place. Aside from it, he had a fiery temper. Who knew whether he'd reveal the secret on the spur of the moment. It would be too late if it happened.

The preparations were done at home. Xu Ran traveled to town as well, to inform Qin Shuwu and Mr. Chen of his trip. He and Zhuo Yun drove the carriage to Ban Yue Town on April 28.

Because none of them was familiar with Ban Yue Town, they had been asking for directions and making logical guesses along the way. As a result, they had to extend their travel.

It was already May 5th when they arrived at Ban Yue Town. However, because it had rained, the roads were in bad shape, and mud was all over their carriage. When they arrived at Ban Yue Town, the two of them appeared to be in a state of disarray. No inn would have let them in if they weren't in a carriage.

They could only find a place to stay in town and then inquire about the fruit trees because they didn't know where to acquire them.

Someone had already set his sights on Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun before they had even arrived in town. At 12 p.m., the two came. They intended to eat lunch first, then get some rest before starting work the next day when they located an inn and rented a room.

During lunch, an unexpected guest joined them at the table.

Du Xin was the only one who could have done it. Du Xin was the one who had set his eyes on them. He had been walking around the streets when he noticed a carriage coated in dirt. He had regarded it with contempt. He should, however, recognize the driver, so he had been following them the entire way.

Because of Liu Tong, Xu Ran disregarded him. They may have been excellent friends if it hadn't been for this. However, Zhuo Yun was also present, and Xu Ran couldn't pretend that he didn't recognize Du Xin, so he introduced them.

Du Xin pulled out the stool, sat down and asked the waiter to bring another pair of chopsticks to eat with them. He asked Xu Ran while eating, "Why are you here at Ban Yue Town? I remember you don't have any relatives here."

Xu Ran pouted. Obviously, this guy was giving back what he had said to him back then, but the difference was that Du Xin was able to make up a relative at that time, while Xu Ran wasn't.

Before Xu Ran could figure out whether to tell him the real reason or not, Zhuo Yun said, "We're here to buy fruit trees. By the way, Du Xin, since you're from Ban Yue Town, you must know that! Tell us where we could get them! So that we don't have to look around."

Xu Ran was hesitant to reveal his reason for visiting, but he felt Zhuo Yun was telling the truth. After all, with help, they might save a lot of time and effort. They were completely unfamiliar with the area and the people, and it would be disastrous if something similar to what had occurred to Xu Ran the previous time happened to them.

When Du Xin noticed Zhuo Yun's serious eyes, he turned to face Xu Ran. Despite the fact that Xu Ran was not gazing at him, he was paying close attention. Now was the time for Du Xin to clean up his behavior. He understood why Xu Ran had moved away from him. They might be able to re-establish contact if Du Xin can help them.

Du Xin was pleased with this thought! He smiled and said, "You are talking to the right guy here! Ban Yue Town is exactly the place that produces fruits. Let me tell you something. I'm very familiar with the villages nearby. When do you want to visit them? I'll take you there."