Chapter 85

Sharing the Joy

Wu Mei and the others arrived in the afternoon to help Liu Tong with the infant while Xu Ran and the others worked in the kitchen poaching and coloring eggs.

When the eggs were ready, Xu Ran had to distribute them throughout the community, and a crowd of people gathered to congratulate him. He had to respond to each one, which was physically draining.

By the time he could rest in the afternoon, he was already dog-tired.

He couldn't let the infant cry from hunger or urinate at night, and he couldn't make Liu Tong hungry. At least four or five times a night, Xu Ran had to get up. He didn't get any sleep for the entire night. The weather was cold and the wind was blowing as he rushed upstairs and downstairs. It offered him a taste of life's bitter sweetness.

Xu Ran was able to sleep for a short period during the day, but he had not been able to sleep for long and had to get up to care for the infant. Xu Ran felt that one infant could weary him like this, therefore he couldn't image how Liu Tong felt when he had to care for the two kids alone while also caring for Xu Ran.

It was too inconvenient to run downstairs and upstairs. Xu Ran merely put a brazier into the room because it was cold. The teapot has been set on the brazier to keep the water warm, and they might also fill it with sheep milk and use it whenever they choose.

The chicken soup, which had been prepared for Liu Tong, was then warmed in the kitchen. Xu Ran also served Liu Tong two eggs in syrup at every meal and wouldn't allow him go outdoors, let alone do anything else. He desired Liu Tong to rest for a month in bed.

And it was said in a solemn manner. Liu Tong was unable to do anything throughout his confinement. He refused to eat anything he wasn't supposed to. He could play chess with Tangtang and Guoguo if he was bored stiff, or Xu Ran could teach him to read if he was bored stiff.

Three days after Baozi was born, Xu Ran got used to the pattern of him crying when he felt hungry, wanted to pee or poop. He asked Shao Yu to take care of the baby for one day and then went to the town with the red eggs.

Needless to say, he had to tell Mr. Chen, Zhuo Yun and the Qin family.

Xu Ran also brought dried bamboo shoots and dried potatoes. These were what he had promised to Mr. Chen. He didn't sent them to Mr.Chen because he was too busy before.

The four families owned the dried bamboo shoots, while he owned the dried potatoes and the recipes. Aside from the money he had set aside for the New Year, he needed to set aside extra for Baozi's hundred-day party and the purchase of a new mountain for the following year. In other words, he had to plan ahead.

Xu Ran had not been to Mr. Chen's restaurant for around twenty days.

There were all dry foods in his pack basket, so it didn't look like there were too many things. Xu Ran gave Mr. Chen the red egg when he saw him at the restaurant.

Mr. Chen looked at the red egg and was stunned for a moment. "Xu Ran, Liu Tong gave birth to the baby?"

Xu Ran nodded. "Three days ago."

Mr. Chen cupped his hands together, "Congratulations! Is he a Ge'er or boy? Did you name him?"

Xu Ran answered with a smile, "We already had two boys. Of course I want a Ge'er. Tongtong is awesome. The name has been confirmed long ago. His nickname is Baozi, and formal name is Xu Nian." He actually sounded very proud.