Chapter 73

Dad

Because he was unwilling to let go of his son, Zhuo Yun did not come out to welcome Xu Ran in person this time.

Xu Ran entered the living room alone and discovered Zhuo Yun seated in a chair, holding something in his arms. Xu Ran couldn't see what the child looked like because it was clothed in garments. He approached Zhuo Yun and patted him on the back "I've been absent for a long time, brother. You didn't come to welcome me, and why aren't you looking at me now?"

Zhuo Yun didn't even raise his head. "What's so good about you? You are so big. How can you compare to my baby?"

He lowered his voice when he said 'baby', which brought goose bumps to Xu Ran.

Xu Ran said, "Come on. You wouldn't let go of the baby. Don't you care about Shuwen?"

Zhuo Yun immediately retorted, "Nonsense. Shuwen adores baby more than me. If he hadn't fallen asleep, I would not have been able to take the baby out. Do you want to hold the baby? He's beautiful." As he said, he carried the baby to Xu Ran's arms.

Xu Ran had never touched a baby before, so he handled it with caution. Xu Ran stiffened as he felt it light and gentle in his palms, fearful that his action would harm the infant.

Zhuo Yun taught him as he watched. "You hold him like this. I tell you, I was the same as you in the beginning, but I got used to it after I held him for a few days. Your boy is about to be born. If you don't learn how to hold a baby, you can only look at your baby instead of holding him. How pitiful!"

Xu Ran thought for a while and agreed. He then focused on learning how to hold a baby from Zhuo Yun. In the living room, the two men were studying how to hold a baby, which was a comical scene. However, the two of them were unaffected, and just two children were watching them with bated breath. There were no servants there, which was fortunate. They'd be a laughing stock for a long time if this spread.

When Xu Ran could finally hold the baby expertly, he realized that he did not know the name of the baby yet.

Xu Ran asked Zhuo Yun, "Zhuo Yun, what's your baby's name?"

"Oh, his name is Zhuo Qingshu."

When Xu Ran first heard the name, he realized what it meant. Zhuo Yun was always gushing over Qin Shuwen, but the name sounded lovely.

The baby was soundly asleep, and when Zhuo Yun showed Xu Ran how to hold him, he didn't wake up. During these days, he had become more attractive. His cheeks were flushed, and his face was in fantastic form. When he grew up, he would be a beauty.

When Xu Ran sensed someone tugging at his trousers, he was about to tell Zhuo Yun about it. When he looked down, he found the twins staring intently at the baby in his arms.

Well, he had forgotten about his own children.

Xu Ran sat down on the chair with little Qingshu in his arms, so that the twins could see the baby.

Xu Ran said to the twins, "Tangtang, Guoguo, this is your brother. He is a Ge'er. You should protect him, okay?"

The twins exchanged sincere glances before staring at Qingshu with unblinking eyes in awe. Zhuo Yun went to Qin Shuwen after seeing that the baby was taken care of. When he left the baby with Xu Ran, he didn't worry about it.

Xu Ran and his sons sat in the living room, playing with the baby. He didn't discuss any business.

Because Qin Shuwen was detained, Xu Ran was unable to visit him. During lunch, Xu Ran discovered an opportunity to return the infant to Zhuo Yun, who had taken the child to Qin Shuwen.