Chapter 45

Zhuo Yun chose not to visit the Xu Village now that they had arrived in town. He allowed Xu Ran's family to board the carriage and proceed to the Zhuo Mansion.

On the carriage, Zhuo Yun delivered some good news to Xu Ran. The strawberry seedlings were discovered with the assistance of Qin Shuwen's eldest brother. Not only that, but he also discovered an elderly gentleman who was an expert at growing strawberries.

Xu Ran jumped up happily hearing such good news.

He grabbed Zhuo Yun's hand and thanked him. He asked eagerly, "Zhuo Yun, when can the strawberry seedlings be delivered? Are they from that old man?"

Zhuo Yun shook his head, "I'm not sure about that. I came to see you today because my eldest brother-in-law is staying with me, and I wanted to speak with you. For the past five years, Shuwen hasn't asked his eldest brother for anything. My brother-in-law is also pregnant, so he is really involved in your case for his own sake. This time, you've had the best of the deal."

Xu Ran rolled his eyes and said to himself, 'Is it really good that you show off like this? But for the sake of your help, I won't blame you for it.'

As both of them were chatting, their carriage had soon arrived and stopped at the entrance of the Zhuo Mansion. The shopkeeper came to meet them.

In the living room, Qin Shuwen and his eldest brother, Qin Shuwu, were conversing. Qin Shuwen's eyes were locked on Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun's hands without blinking as soon as he saw them walking in together. His face was flushed with disappointment as he discovered they had nothing but the hands of the two children they were carrying, which was quite amusing.

Seeing this, the two children were in a muddle, but the adults present all covered their mouths to stifle their giggles. Of course, there was also a muddleheaded man on the scene, Qin Shuwen's eldest brother, Qin Shuwu.

He looked at Qin Shuwen, and then at Xu Ran as well as the other two people present.

As Qin Shuwen shot him an angry glance, Zhuo Yun didn't dare to laugh again. He explained to Qin Shuwu, "Shuwen likes the food from Xu Ran's family, but this time they didn't bring anything, so Shuwen is very disappointed."

Qin Shuwen blushed at what Zhuo Yun said, and he tried to silence him with a glare. Zhuo Yun rubbed his nose and pretended he wasn't aware of the situation. He walked over to Xu Ran and introduced himself.

"This is Xu Ran, the eldest brother-in-law. I informed you. His spouse, Liu Tong, and their two children, Tangtang and Guoguo, are over there. Shuwen's eldest brother, Xu Ran, so you can also call him brother!"

Xu Ran bowed and greeted, "Nice to meet you, Bro Qin."

It was improper for Liu Tong to speak in such an occasion. He just smiled, nodded and let the two children go over to call him Uncle.

Tangtang and Guoguo were obedient and did as they were told. Qin Shuwu gave them two oranges, which should have been specially prepared for Qin Shuwen.

Both Tangtang and Guoguo thanked him and obediently returned to Liu Tong.

Following the introduction, they sat down to discuss their business. Qin Shuwen felt liberated from his confinement, so he invited Liu Tong to join him in another room for a conversation.

After they left, Xu Ran started to consult Qin Shuwu about the strawberry seedlings.

Qin Shuwu told him, "When I went out to get some groceries, I noticed the strawberry seedlings. The location is not far from where we are now, about a two-day carriage ride away. An elderly man was picking up wilted leaves in the field at the time. I was taken aback and went up to inquire more about the situation. He told me that he had planted the strawberry trees and that his family had made a fortune growing strawberries. His sons had already relocated to a new place. He was adamant about not accompanying them. However, his wife died at the end of last year, and neither of his sons returned. He had to handle his wife's funeral on his own. He wasn't in the mood to serve the strawberries right now, but it seemed a waste to throw them away, so he came to weed every now and then. "