Chapter 170

Liu Tong sniffed a few times and then got up to work at an area where no one was around. Tangtang overheard Liu Tong explain that Xu Ran had passed out. He raced to Xu Ran's room with Baozi after cleaning his and Baozi's faces, and noticed Gao Quan wiping Xu Ran's sweat. Tangtang went to acquire a cattail leaf fan for Xu Ran and asked Baozi to fan for him. He was about to ask for a doctor himself when he was stopped by Gao Quan at the door. "Tangtang, your uncle Shao Yu was on his way to the doctor. Simply go have a peek at the door. They should return soon."

Tangtang nodded and ran out of the door.

Baozi asked Gao Quan while fanning for Xu Ran with the cattail leaf fan, "Uncle Gao Quan, what's wrong with Dad? Why did he faint?"

Gao Quan shook his head and said. "I don't know either. He was in the yard when we came back. Did anything happen today?"

Baozi deliberated for a moment before saying to Gao Quan, "I'm not sure either. My sole knowledge is that my two brothers went horseback riding in the morning. Dad went to get them in the afternoon, but only the eldest brother returned, while the second brother did not. Dad said that the second brother had gone out to work and would be returning in a few days. What do you think my second brother will do, Uncle Gao Quan?"

After hearing Baozi's comments, Gao Quan fell silent. Tangtang and Guoguo would go out for at least a few laps around the military base every month, he knew. Tangtang was brought back by Xu Ran, according to Baozi, and he was the only one that returned. Gao Quan immediately realized what was going on when he remembered Xu Ran and Liu Tong's unusual behavior today.

Gao Quan said to Baozi, "I don't know what he's doing there."

Baozi pouted unhappily, "All right then! I'll ask him myself when he comes back."

"Okay," Gao Quan said.

After the two of them said this, Shao Yu came with the doctor and Tangtang followed behind them. Baozi' grabbed Tangtang's shirt tightly with his small hands and stared at the bed nervously.

Tangtang patted him and said, "Baozi, why don't you go see Daddy in the kitchen? I'll keep an eye on here. It'll be fine."

Baozi looked at Tangtang, then at the bed, nodded and walked out of the room.

The doctor had a lot of experience. He snatched Xu Ran's philtrum to rouse him up, then handed him some medicine and told them to boil it for him to swallow. He stated that there was most likely nothing wrong with Xu Ran except that he had been out in the sun for too long. Xu Ran, after all, was in wonderful health. Gao Quan dismissed the doctor after paying him. Liu Tong had already prepared the food and had summoned them to eat. He left to prepare medicine for Xu Ran. Gao Quan had intended to ask Liu Tong what had transpired, but he was unable to do so.

The night passed in confusion.

Although Xu Ran had woken up a few times, he had always felt dizzy. Besides, it was dark outside . So after taking the medicine, he did not wake up until midnight.

However, he found that Liu Tong was still wake and was sitting by the table in a daze.

Xu Ran got out of bed and walked over to him to pull him to the bedside. "Tongtong, it's time for bed. Or do you want to be sick like me? You still have to take care of the two children. Tangtang must be very sad and we can't let Baozi know about this."

Liu Tong pushed Xu Ran's hand away and asked him, "Ran, why did they take Guoguo away? Why would they do to him? When can we find Guoguo?"

Xu Ran could not answer a single question.